Your YouTube New Year's Resolution?

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't just mean your channel goals for 2017! I mean how can you improve yourself as a person and a creator in the new year?

2016 is almost over :eeks:
Between now and January 1st is the time to consider your YouTube New Year's Resolutions.

Mine:
Find more self-discpline when creating content
Improve my ability to create narratives
Spend time learning improved animation

Happy New Year Everyone!
Purchase better equipment
Upload more regularly
Improve on my thumbnails
Have a schedule date for videos.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm I'll probably keep being myself, Be more active, & Practice my drawing so I can start making art videos. I dunno I have so much games I wanna LP in 2017.

Anon7906

Reaction score
My goal is to increase my monthly view count. I've stagnated between 250K to 300K per month all year. I want at least a 500K month. I have another, smaller goal, and that is for me to upload at least one video per day. I try to plan ahead and make use of the scheduling feature, but I still end up skipping some days when life clamps down on me and I suffer a small decrease in viewership as a result. I never want that to happen again and will give a little more time to my channel to possibly prevent that.

Sam4God

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Increase my view count to a steady 100K a month by the end of 2017.
Reach 10K subscribers by the end of 2017.
Do everything I can to make the two previous statements possible, throughout the year.

Reactions: Heeranee

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My goal is to be consistent for at least 3 months. Also I am going to aim for one improvement for each video that I make. Plus I want to make a thorough schedule of my day, month, year, etc and learn to STUCK TO IT!

There is a lot more but like you I am planning ahead and getting ready for this new year.

My goal for 2017 is to 10k subs.
I know it is a high bar, but I am going to put the work in.
Gotta keep improving. Great goal! Scheduling may be the hardest part of your resolution though[DOUBLEPOST=1483121942,1483121884][/DOUBLEPOST]
My goal is to increase my monthly view count. I've stagnated between 250K to 300K per month all year. I want at least a 500K month. I have another, smaller goal, and that is for me to upload at least one video per day. I try to plan ahead and make use of the scheduling feature, but I still end up skipping some days when life clamps down on me and I suffer a small decrease in viewership as a result. I never want that to happen again and will give a little more time to my channel to possibly prevent that.
Mine is similar. I'd like to inch closer to 1million per month. Way off that now.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I really want all the usual stuff to improve (aka more consistent uploading, better editing, etc.)
However, other than that I really want to focus on building connections with the people watching my videos and interacting with them.
Also as a music channel I want to improve musically and really get more immersed in what I'm doing so it becomes more apart of my life
I also am very shy and confidence in what I'm doing is so hard for me. Youtube has helped so much but I hope it keeps improving!

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want to improve my dialogue, get more consistent with streaming schedule (on Twitch) and upload on Youtube.I really want to improve the quality of my videos too~

TheChillyPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Post more consistently!
Also practice my drawing and animating skills.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For me it's improving my SEO and promoting my channel better. I think I could have been at 300 subs by now if I'd had done more of that. There's also some bits and bobs I'd like to get done such as better lighting in my kitchen, sometimes my videos can be a bit grainy as the iso is at 800, but with better white light I think that will help. Also a channel trailer would be good, and I'd like to build up a small stockpile of videos so I'm never in a position where I can't upload because of life/work etc