Your worst viewed video?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Lately my videos views have been absolutely awful I will be lucky if i even get 10 in the first day of upload, one of my videos has been up for a month and only has 33 views.

I remember actually being really upset as I put so much effort into it

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have a particular video which you feel has performed really badly?

I just need a bit of reassurance that it's not just me and my channel that's all haha!

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its not just your channel. I've put up over 150 videos and still only average 50 views. Keep grinding

MannyCastro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My worst viewed video is one of my first videos that I put out which was a story time video. The very first time I uploaded I put up two videos at the same time. The story time only has 29 but the other one which was Types of Kids at School has 127. I think it really just depends on how much you promote it and the quality. A video I uploaded last week got 34 views but I though it would do so much better. Then again I didn't really promote it at all and it was kind of boring when I watch it over now. Im sure everyone goes through this, a youtuber I watch named Destery makes a really good point in a video he made a few weeks ago and that is to never expect something to just do well. Don't set high expectations of a video because chances are it won't do as good as you expected. Just focus on promoting your videos every time you release so more people can see all your hard work.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it is because I expect so much from my videos, then I actually get and its really frustrating when they go nowhere. I promote my videos on several different sites the minute they are made public but sometimes it just doesn't work even my newest video is only at 4 views and its been up nearly 5 hours now, I always aim to get more views then hours its been uploaded but its equalling it and losing this time ergh

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I looked at your channel and I think consistency is going to be your biggest help.
Yeah i know that is my biggest problem, but because of university work, personal issues, and lack of ideas i struggle to keep up a video every week, I also massively struggle with confidence so I can't film in public where I talk to the camera while out somewhere as I am terrified of people staring at me thinking i'm weird so I do miss out on opportunities there too which kinda sucks,

Now im finished for the summer I am going to try and do more but it is hard

NurseGray

The Swole Nurse
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah i know that is my biggest problem, but because of university work, personal issues, and lack of ideas i struggle to keep up a video every week, I also massively struggle with confidence so I can't film in public where I talk to the camera while out somewhere as I am terrified of people staring at me thinking i'm weird so I do miss out on opportunities there too which kinda sucks,

Now im finished for the summer I am going to try and do more but it is hard
People have always seen the dreamers throughout history as the weird ones. Do you think the poet Gerard De Nerval got weird looks walking a pet lobster on a leash through Paris. Of course he did but, that is why people remember him. In short. Stop worrying what others think as long as they are thinking about you.

Missy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Me too! I have 53 videos and I still get maybe 40 views when j put a lot into my videos and post every weekday now. Don't worry! The views and subscribers will come. Just focus on the fact you like doing the videos rather than the views that you get on them. Have fun with it and don't fret over it! It'll come in due time :)

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Lately my videos views have been absolutely awful I will be lucky if i even get 10 in the first day of upload, one of my videos has been up for a month and only has 33 views.

I remember actually being really upset as I put so much effort into it

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you have a particular video which you feel has performed really badly?

I just need a bit of reassurance that it's not just me and my channel that's all haha!
I haven't had a video reach 10k views since a video I uploaded a year ago. My latest videos have been getting like 50 views. I'm also not promoting them as aggressively which is probably a reason, so those 50 views are likely from my subs.

I was hoping my twerking panda riding a Roomba video would be so weird that people would share it, but it is still under 1k after being up for 4 months.

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Videos are weird things! My 5 least popular are;

• A trailer video I made for upcoming content that in 40 minutes has been up exactly a year and only got 16 views.
  • A video about my life as a Theatre Kid (20 views)
  • A kind of Favourites video I made in August (23 views)
  • A slideshow of photos / stories from the time I went to the MTV EMAs (27 views). This was a requested video after I told the story of the night in great detail in another video so I can understand why it's not hugely watched.
  • 5 Favourite characters from the Simpsons (27 views).
Then there's videos that are widely popular and I have no idea why. For example, I noticed today that a video I made about my experiences as a prefect has 185 views (I don't even have that many subscribers!) I never really promoted that video and when I look at the Analytics, somebody even searched me by name to find it! I have no idea what happened there.

There's nothing worse than when you work really hard on a video and fetch just refuses to happen, but try not to let it get you down. If I feel a video has had a particularly underwhelming reaction that it didn't deserve, I sometimes change it to my featured video for a week to give it another chance.