Your worst videos: delete it or disable comments?

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
A few of my videos are great.. Most are pretty good, and then a few are total duds..
I've had to disable comments on a few of the duds because some of the comments are so harsh (they make my heart sad!).. I guess the haters prefer leaving harsh comments/making themselves look smart instead of clicking the thumbs-down button because even the duds dont get a lot of thumbs down, but I have hidden the ratings on a couple of vids.
I'm of the school that any content is better than no content, so i leave the duds and and just disable the comments and/or ratings.
How do you deal with your duds?
I keep my vids online for public, i just filtering some harsh words on it..

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your worst videos: delete it or disable comments?
Neither. What I would do is leave the video up and pin a comment saying something like "We'll all laugh at how bad this video is a couple years from now lol". Then at least you're acknowledging that the video is not your best and you get to keep it up. It also might dissuade people from making negative comments since you're already poking fun at the video.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Neither. What I would do is leave the video up and pin a comment saying something like "We'll all laugh at how bad this video is a couple years from now lol". Then at least you're acknowledging that the video is not your best and you get to keep it up. It also might dissuade people from making negative comments since you're already poking fun at the video.
Ha! I like that idea. I was going to suggest making a playlist with all the duds and straight up calling it "Old Clunkers: NotARibicon's Worst of the Worst". Basically make a self-deprecating joke about the videos yourself to acknowledge it's not your current level of work.

Reactions: The NotARubicon!