Your worst videos: delete it or disable comments?

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
A few of my videos are great.. Most are pretty good, and then a few are total duds..
I've had to disable comments on a few of the duds because some of the comments are so harsh (they make my heart sad!).. I guess the haters prefer leaving harsh comments/making themselves look smart instead of clicking the thumbs-down button because even the duds dont get a lot of thumbs down, but I have hidden the ratings on a couple of vids.
I'm of the school that any content is better than no content, so i leave the duds and and just disable the comments and/or ratings.
How do you deal with your duds?

I've unlisted a bunch of old videos due to the change in direction the channel took. Aside from that I just live with what is said and don't let it affect me past the initial "Yeah, well f**k you too" stage.

My most popular video is terrible compared to what I do now haha. It's only popular though because the tags ranked high. People seem to still like it though and it gets likes so I'll leave it lol

Personally, I tend to leave my "dud" videos. I openly ask for criticism from people because I feel like it'll make me better in the long haul. Now there is a distinct difference in constructive criticism and trolling for the sake of it (Or as OP said, leaving hateful comments). The comments that don't yield helpful criticism get deleted. Simple as that.

Now as for the dislikes, that doesn't honestly bother me as much as it used too. I still feel a bit sad that someone didn't like it (After all we are all artist here and as someone who used to draw it always sucks when someone doesn't like your work.) But now I try to quickly move past it and figure out how I can commentate better or edit better for the next time.

Personally, I don't disable comments for any video. I'm going to give the haters and trolls any more attention than they already get.

My most popular video is terrible compared to what I do now haha. It's only popular though because the tags ranked high. People seem to still like it though and it gets likes so I'll leave it lol

I've only started YouTube a month ago, but I'm the same! My first video is by far my worst, and yet it has nearly four times the amount of views as my next best video. It would be nice if it was one of my newer, more polished videos, but I guess I just roll with it...

I don't disable comments at all. Because I have a small viewerbase right now, I can just delete the toxic comments myself. :)

There's no shame in deleting a video you feel will seriously hinder the overall impression you want the channel as a whole to have on your viewers. I've had to delete a few myself because I just didn't feel good about it.

Back