Your Reddit experiences and success.

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious if any other people use Reddit as a way to attract attention to your channel and if you have had any success or what your experience was like :).

I found a few popular sub Reddits and it has been a good way to promote myself and i have made quite a few followers and friends by doing this who always show me support without asking for anything in return.

BUT it has also been a pain in the a**e for people who just click it, dislike and click off again.

What's your story :)?

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I heard it's a good way to promote yourself, but whenever I go on reddit I'm so confused haha. The format for me is so disorganized and I just can't follow. But I'm trying to get back into it and understand it to promote . What's the general rule for reddit??

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Reddit unless the video is amazing, will like he said, get people to click on it, dislike it and leave.

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Reddit unless the video is amazing, will like he said, get people to click on it, dislike it and leave.
I feel like it's only good for really random videos not so much vlogs, vimeo kinda videos, etc. to get viral? ahh

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel like it's only good for really random videos not so much vlogs, vimeo kinda videos, etc. to get viral? ahh
there are certain sub-reddits for most things. If you search reddit for 'vlogs' im sure you will find a page there dedicated to that particular subject :)

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
there are certain sub-reddits for most things. If you search reddit for 'vlogs' im sure you will find a page there dedicated to that particular subject :)
I see, thanks! I'll check it out. Is there any major differences you found from trying to promote on 4chan compared to reddit or other similar sites like that?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
There are a lot of subreddits for a bunch of different things, you can show your vlogging video or any video basically - but unless it is AMAZING / very funny or somehow benefits the Reddit user watching it, they'll usually leave dislikes......Reddit is ruthless - trust me.

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see, thanks! I'll check it out. Is there any major differences you found from trying to promote on 4chan compared to reddit or other similar sites like that?
I wouldn't dare promote on 4chan surely you understand the community there is rather wild. I had my fair share of 4chan years ago and i would consider myself a fool to even discuss ANYTHING about my life to them.

BettinaStaana

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are a lot of subreddits for a bunch of different things, you can show your vlogging video or any video basically - but unless it is AMAZING / very funny or somehow benefits the Reddit user watching it, they'll usually leave dislikes......Reddit is ruthless - trust me.
wooahh , sounds scary haha. I'll take your word, might try. I doubt many people would watch it anyways. Other than the normal SNS platforms (FB, IG, etc.) I can't think of anything else except reddit and telling people and collabs in terms of promoting.[DOUBLEPOST=1477075179,1477075117][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't dare promote on 4chan surely you understand the community there is rather wild. I had my fair share of 4chan years ago and i would consider myself a fool to even discuss ANYTHING about my life to them.
Honestly I don't know much about 4chan, only 2chan haha but I guess i'll stick to reddit then! I always had the impression they were similar

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you're not familiar with or don't understand the consequences of reddit (along with the potential high reward), you're best to use a different method of promotion. Reddit is very very fickle, perhaps the most fickle out of all internet platforms. That being said, though, it can be one of the most powerful.

Ever heard of the hydraulic press channel? A seemingly monotonous channel destined to obscurity only to blow up with 2 million subscribers in one month simply because Reddit built a cult-like following for it. Granted, it does have some intrigue. After all, seeing things get crushed can always be fun, but reddit took it to another level. The channel has dwindled in popularity nowadays, but still more than popular enough to sustain a living with their current revenue.

But for every successful channel or video, you'll get thousands upon thousands of failed attempts on reddit. Many times, they will even brigade your video by downvoting and leaving nasty comments, especially if they know the only reason you've posted the video is for the sake of promoting your content.

My own personal experiences are mixed. It's extremely tough to get redditors to side with your content, but when they do, they really help. They were the first platform that help me grow substantially. I received 800 subscribers in one day. This was huge since I was still under 8,000 subscribers or so. But now, I find it not worth the time to promote on reddit because there are other ways to receive consistent growth minus the backlash.