Your Record Month (still in 2016 like mine?)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone has a record month, where they gained the most amount of views and subscribers. For me it has been the same month for over 2 years.

My record month was April 2016. 54,576 views and 242 subs.

2017: 46,485 views / 128 subs in August
2018: 45,619 views in May / 150 subscribers in March

For me things are finally starting to get back to the average of 2016. Growth is still lagging behind somewhat, but it is encouraging to see there is positive growth. I am not a typical YouTuber, uploading once or twice a month. After 2016's bubble I started seeing and treating YouTube as a hobby, and focused more on quality over quantity which is proven to hurt growth. But still. I am really wondering where other people are, and if you are still feeling the events of 2016. Or maybe it has been a distant memory.

Let me know! Looking forward to see what my fellow YTTALKERS have to say on this subject!

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
You seem to do pretty good, especially if I compare to my stats haha

My peak was the 6th of this May with 314 views :D On the 17th of January this year I somehow got 9 subscribers on the same day, I don't know what happened there as this is the amount I'm getting in 9 month if I'm lucky :D

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I´m guessing May this year was one of my best months ever on youtube! A lot of people saw my Metallica and Stockholm videos which increased both views and Watchtime! June will probably be the same, as I will upload a lot of different live shows!

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had 100,000 views and 200 subs once but I redirected my energy to focus on a different target audience and niche and deleted those videos. That's why you see my channel with 2,000 subscribers but 100 views per video only.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My best month ever was April of this year.

Was there something special about 2016 for YouTube in general? My monthly views and subs remained pretty flat all throughout 2016.

My best month for:
2015 was April with 1,833,385 views and 1,537 subs. That's when my channel really kicked off. Prior to that month I had maybe 100-200 subs. I didn't even pay attention to views and subs then.
2016 was December with 2,195,354 views and 1,703 subs.
2017 was October with 6,998,179 views and 4,911 subs. Basically starting March 2017 my views and subs went from flat to a good upward trend.
2018 was April with 8,271,258 views and 10,973 subs.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Was there something special about 2016 for YouTube in general? My monthly views and subs remained pretty flat all throughout 2016.
A lot of people lost momentum at that point. For me that was definitely the case. It was the point where I realized that it was a 100% pipe-dream to become a big YouTube channel. I slowed down and then nearly quit end of 2016 early 2017. And then a guy with a R35 GTR says: Review my car. And then I realized I loved it too much to outright quit it. Hobby it is! Never looked back. It seems no one else here is seeing the same issues.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
July of 2017 was my record month. 405,000 views and 2,448 new subs.

I really thought that this was the beginning of my channel sky-rocketing to 100,000 subs, but by September it had returned to averaging about 100,000 - 150,000 views and just under 1000 subs per month.

On reflection, the spike in views and subs was due to some work I did with the UK TV personality Jeremy Clarkson and his two co-presenters. They tweeted links to one of my videos and as a result that one video drove a lot of traffic....for a few days.

The two lessons I have learned from that:

1. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. A sudden massive increase in views and subs is most likely a temporary condition....don't expect it to last.

2. Shout-outs from big you tubers and/or TV personalities are all well and good for vanity metrics, but they will not give you sustained growth. You still have to put in the work and effort and create your own group of followers.

I'm starting to see an increase in growth rate now, but this is simply because I am increasing output and trying to improve quality.[DOUBLEPOST=1528181972,1528181562][/DOUBLEPOST]I just realised that you were asking whether we saw any particular growth in 2016.
No. But I didn't put much effort into my channel until the beginning of 2017.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My record month was last month:
According to SocialBlade (slightly different from YouTube analytics, but verifiable by anyone):
Monthly views: 4.01 Million
Monthly subs: 9.68K

Nevertheless I continue to work and improve, so I don't lose that momentum. Hopefully it will stay that way and I reach 100K subscribers, before end of year, if something drastic doesn't happen with my channel or YouTube in general during that period. YouTube public picture is calm for some weeks now. But you can never know with what YouTube or the YouTube's top creators will come up.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have now beat my record, June of 2018 is officially my best month as of right now!
Before I had ca 51k total views, and now I have over 74k total views. so i managed to bring half of my total views in a couple of days. That is because of the Download festival. I have been pumping out videos of different bands that I have seen these couple of days and Babymetal is the most popular of them.