Your first YouTube Pay Check

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What did you do with your first pay check from youtube? Mine is approaching soon so I am thinking what to do. I was thinking to pay for lifetime licence on the editing software I am using now, but they are not replying to my emails to give me a student discount.

Reactions: TheMoonchinKing

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Great! So I suppose everybody will look to invest more into his channel so it can grow it even faster :). Looking forward to see what other people did with their "first youtube salary" :) Did somebody share some part with his subscribers with some giveaways? There is plenty of possibilities that is why I opened this thread to see what other people did.

Reactions: chubbybots

Jawequo

Reaction score
I see it as kind of extra income beside main job so i invest it in equipment and "fun" :)

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I put the first paycheck which was about 6 months of youtube combined into buying a melting furnace.
The first video I made with the furnace made me the money back first month and that video still earns $100 a month
My last check was for 4 months and I did so much, a new pc, new stove, new fridge, socks & jocks.
Next check i'm going to india and then my parents country, croatia to party on the coast and chill in zagreb with family.
Next year I hope to earn enough to travel to the US and buy an american wife

Last edited:

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hilarious @weeeben :D.
@Izzy`s Toy Time you should move to some middle east countries like me. No tax in UAE! :D

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I used all of it to make a payment to my credit card. I've used all my YouTube paychecks in that way, except one. One of them was used to pay taxes. I mainly use my credit card to buy coffee, fast food, or to cover for when my wife spends all her money and then something comes up that we need. We're working on it.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ok, finally I am above the threshold. However, now it says: "Your payments are currently on hold. Action is required to release payment."
I already added bank details before.

EDIT. I think I just needed to mark that bank details as primary, now everything should be fine. When can I expect money to be transferred to my bank account?

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ok, finally I am above the threshold. However, now it says: "Your payments are currently on hold. Action is required to release payment."
I already added bank details before.

EDIT. I think I just needed to mark that bank details as primary, now everything should be fine. When can I expect money to be transferred to my bank account?
They typically send it on the 21st, so however long it takes after that. I usually get it on the 22nd.