Your Feedback will be appreciated!

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
Hello community! I'm very new at YouTube. I'm working on a strategy: to start with smaller videos (1 to 6 min), and then progress to longer ones (>7 min). Obviously the goal is to edit the content so it's interesting, and not longer than it should be.

Specifics: I would love to hear your feedback on what you think of the video lengths in relation to the content.

Thank you!

Pedro Nascimento

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In general the longer the video the higher up it will be on YouTube
YouTube wants people to stay online watching videos, and he prefers somebody to click on 10 minute video than a 1 minute one.
Even if the average viewing time of that 10 minute video is 40% that is still equal to 4 minutes with is better than a 1 minute video.
I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
My advice is make the best video you can, don't thing that you have to make long videos, concentrate first on quality!

Outss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi, interesting content u have! Although I would ask, what is your channel about? Like objectively I get it but what is your 'thing'? I would probs think about an overall structure and image almost. Its pretty cool you have documented interesting experiences in your life like this, but also some people may need a reason in the first place to want to take a look into your life.. Maybe create vlogs? Or any sort of videos where people see you on a personal level! .. Keep it up you sure have the consistency, something I still need to hone. I subscribed and I hope you do well :)

Outss.

Reactions: GoldenLiz

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I feel like the editing is good; ie, the videos aren't dragged out too long for the content, nor are they cut unnecessarily tight. It's true that YouTube will rank videos with more watch time higher, but if the editing is such that people click away in the first 30 seconds it doesn't do you any favours. Thus, I think your strategy of starting small may work well for you. If you do choose to make videos longer, I suggest adding intros/outros with more engagement with your viewers (ex., prompting comments/suggestions, talking about future videos, etc.) instead of adding any padding to the main content.

Reactions: GoldenLiz

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
Hi, interesting content u have! .....

Outss.
Thank you for the subscription! You bring up interesting points. I'm working on an intro video. Our point of view is to bring to the viewer a little taste of Disney, so when they plan their trips, they have an idea of what they want to include in their plans. Our slogan is Disney like you mean it.

Later on, we will include videos about planing the order of the rides, how to track their dining plans, and things of the sort.

I feel like the editing is good; ie, the videos aren't dragged out too long for the content, nor are they cut unnecessarily tight. .......
Thank you. Yes, we want to make longer videos eventually. I think having a mix of different lengths will be a good strategy as we grow.

The videos we are posting now are from our first attempt at filming. Learning curve. Next time we go (in just a few weeks) I will make sure to include several scenes with a call for action.

It's hard for a beginner to determine how good we are doing. That probably comes with time.