Your Best Thumbnail

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Wazzzup everyone =)

Every channel is different when it comes to thumbnails I have seen some big youtubers with thumbnails that suck but since they have so many subscribers I guess the thumbnail don't really matter for them...

Do you guys use text in thumbnails.. I do on some of my videos but I did one where I just tested out a blackhead strip on my nose and the thumbnail is just a close up of the strip on my nose... that video got a lot of views in just a few days... I am thinking that maybe all this time of me trying to make a good thumbnail with picmonkey I should just try and take a good picture of whatever the topic it is I am talking about....BUT for example a rant vlog of me talking... I guess I would have to add some text to the thumbnail I would think..

What was your best thumbnail....

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Well YOUTUBE thumbnails do matter a lot. I know many big youtubers don't have good thumbnails, somehow they manage to grow their channel. So thumbnail shouldn't be really important issue.
Well according to me, I think that the following is my most liked THUMBNAIL made by me :)
The reason is that I have merged 2 backgrounds, made a circle and gave it a glow effect. Also I sprinkled some blue light all around, So I think this is my best made thumbnail so far.

Reactions: GooberVlogs

CloudyIce

Currently Earthbound
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My personal favorite thumbnail:

I have a lot of experience with photoshop and image editing in general, but I just kinda had fun with this one.
In the video itself, a bunch of friends and I were playing a game mode within a game, and we all changed our name to leonardo dicaprio characters. Which ended up giving me the best idea for a thumbnail.
The video itself isn't very good I think, but there's something about Leo toasting a melon that makes me smile.

View attachment 33327 My thumbnail of the blackhead strip is this one......... I like the thumbnail you did.. very creative BUT I'm more of a Nightwolf guy myself :smug:
Thumbnails like that are good because they directly relate to the video and personally it makes me want to see if the strips did work as well as the thumbnail makes it out to be.

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
Wazzzup everyone =)

Every channel is different when it comes to thumbnails I have seen some big youtubers with thumbnails that suck but since they have so many subscribers I guess the thumbnail don't really matter for them...

Do you guys use text in thumbnails.. I do on some of my videos but I did one where I just tested out a blackhead strip on my nose and the thumbnail is just a close up of the strip on my nose... that video got a lot of views in just a few days... I am thinking that maybe all this time of me trying to make a good thumbnail with picmonkey I should just try and take a good picture of whatever the topic it is I am talking about....BUT for example a rant vlog of me talking... I guess I would have to add some text to the thumbnail I would think..

What was your best thumbnail....
The picture is the most important, I agree. You can make it even more attractive by adding some branding, 3D etc. But the main picture is extremely important :)

Reactions: Freshly Finished

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do use text but got a lot of compliments on my thumbnails, I make sure the font is nice, there's complimentary colours in it, and there is at least one custom picture in there too to give people an idea of what's going on. It could still be a lot better as I'm using free clip art, backgrounds, pics of me when I have no good camera equipment, and Pixlr only, but I enjoy it.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My personal favorite thumbnail:

I have a lot of experience with photoshop and image editing in general, but I just kinda had fun with this one.
In the video itself, a bunch of friends and I were playing a game mode within a game, and we all changed our name to leonardo dicaprio characters. Which ended up giving me the best idea for a thumbnail.
The video itself isn't very good I think, but there's something about Leo toasting a melon that makes me smile.

Thumbnails like that are good because they directly relate to the video and personally it makes me want to see if the strips did work as well as the thumbnail makes it out to be.
I like the thumbnail :) hope leo gets a oscar lolz

TiagoAleixo

Reaction score
I made a "model" and work from there, I try to always use text the explains the video and a good photo about the video.

I think this is my most liked thumbnail since it is the video with the faster growth.

Last edited by a moderator: