• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So as most of you are aware youtube is kinda in the sh****r right now and a ton of you guys arn't doing so hot. I've seen some of my friends quit YT and some take loooooooonng breaks. As a small youtuber I'm immune (or so it seems) to the youvirus that all the bigger channels are catching. What I would like to know is how the Youpocolypse is effecting you and what you have done to... "survive" untill all of this eventually blows over? Also how bad where your losses and drops in Views, subs, etc.

Oh and how are my Immune comrades doing and what have you seen because we obviously love watch bigger channels run to the hills while we grow fairly carelessly? (a tiny bit slower but no real impact)

Dont get butt hurt about what I said because im lightening up a bleek situation for most of the youtube community✌

Good luck out there!

Reactions: Meltyme

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm not sure what it is you are referring to. I mean the trending section is knackered, definitely and the big change in advertiser friendly content. But other than that I don't think youtube is in big trouble. Views are low because it's January and also they have just done a major view audit as well. With new things like 'on the rise' and the new community tab, I think youtube is just great. I've seen some good growth for myself at least. I think as well, youtube is still in its infancy believe it or not, and still has a lot of growth to go before it plateus. There will be many more success stories to come, maybe even you one day ☺☺☺

Xaegoba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sure what it is you are referring to. I mean the trending section is knackered, definitely and the big change in advertiser friendly content. But other than that I don't think youtube is in big trouble. Views are low because it's January and also they have just done a major view audit as well. With new things like 'on the rise' and the new community tab, I think youtube is just great. I've seen some good growth for myself at least. I think as well, youtube is still in its infancy believe it or not, and still has a lot of growth to go before it plateus. There will be many more success stories to come, maybe even you one day ☺☺☺
I'm refering to the huge drops in view and subs big channels like scarce, leafy, vexxed, pewdipie, h3h3 and a boat load of others have experienced in the past 4 - 5 months some are fairing better than others but these are the people who have made videos about their loss the most (and I'm subed to them) I'm not just talking about this month but right around the end of November and the middle of December seemed these guys droped in views drastically. I wish I could put links in the thread backing up what I'm saying but it would just get taken down so here are there videos where they explain or reference their loss:

Leafyishere - I've lost all hope...(facecam)
Pewdiepie - I'm losing subs!!!!
Scarce - YouTube Subscriber Purge!
H3h3 - Youtube is not being honest with us

Some are old only because they were quick to identify the problem at the time but it's still effecting there stats today Some like leafy have had a huge drop in average views per month per video before when he would average 1.2 million views (per video) now he's around 600k - 700k (per video) some have only around 300k!!! That's a crazy loss!

Last edited:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The thread about the so-called algorithm change was left open for over a month and was closed a while ago. With this topic, everyone just ends up talking about totally different things and blaming low views and subs on vague glitches, bugs algorithms etc.

We won't be re-opening this discussion, but the other thread can be read here -> http://yttalk.com/threads/locked-youtube-glitch-algorithm-change.243248/

Reactions: Noobzilla
Status
Not open for further replies.