YouNow?

iGuys

Reaction score
Does anyone here use YouNow? I've been on there and found out many youtubers out there use it to gain a lot of attention on their channel. Have any of you out there used it or still use it?

If you don't know what it is, YouNow is a place where you can livestream your self. If you are an entertaining person I suggest you try it out and see what you can do.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've had a few of the people I watch regularly stream on YouNow. The main advantages I've seen for it are that it's more browsable (in that people can just go to the platform and maybe find you while you're streaming live, sort of like Twitch) and that you can get payments directly from your viewers in the form of bars and cheers and such. It's kind of cool, though I have seen a few creators get a bit beggy on it.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Plush Time Wins

Reaction score
We use YouNow on a regular basis. We stream live 2 times a week usually and sometimes more. We enjoy the instant conversation that streaming allows us to have with our viewers. It is a better way to get to know are dedicated viewers.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't streamed on YouNow yet, but I'm planning on it. I know a lot of YouTubers also you YouTube live to stream, I'm not really sure which one is better. i heard of them has slot of glitches.

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I streamed on YouNow a few times but never got many viewers or conversation. It seems like today, if you are not young or good looking then why would you get any views? Personality means nothing anymore. I guess I'm just hating because I'm older now and stuff. As for streaming on YouTube, I've never done it. Maybe now that you can stream on your phone I'll try it. Who knows.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
We use YouNow on a regular basis. We stream live 2 times a week usually and sometimes more. We enjoy the instant conversation that streaming allows us to have with our viewers. It is a better way to get to know are dedicated viewers.
I'm curious, why not stream directly to YouTube?

HiddenVoices

SCP Foundation Researcher
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is the first time I'm hearing about it, but then I've only streamed via Google Hangouts and that hasn't been without its confusions. Really I prefer planned out videos to live streams anyway, but it's all good.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Plush Time Wins

Reaction score
I'm curious, why not stream directly to YouTube?
No particular reason but our streams actually stream through YouTube simultaneously as well. Streaming through another platform has allowed us to gain new viewers that we would never have had.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
No particular reason but our streams actually stream through YouTube simultaneously as well. Streaming through another platform has allowed us to gain new viewers that we would never have had.
Ok, well then yes definitely. I've used restream.io to go YouTube + Twitch before.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never heard of it. I might give it a go.