Yet another partnership question thread.

MaineJunker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I do my channel in my spare time making vids about my hobbies and things I enjoy. Lately as my channel has been growing I have been paying more attention to it and trying to learn how to promote it. I seem to be getting about 1,800 views a day and have a little more than 500,000 total views and approx 175 subscribers. I am currently focusing on growing my subscriber base.

I kind of understand partner networks from reading threads on this forum but I don't think that's something I'm interested in, I enjoy being a one man show and not having to answer to anyone. This doesn't mean that I don't take YT seriously, but I am self employed and have a business to run. I try to make at least once a week but sometimes I don't have time.

I applied for partnership in December 2011 and was denied, "At this time, we are unable to accept your application due to your channel's level of viewership"

My channel has grown a lot since then and I am now working on building a "brand" so that I might be taken more seriously. I try to make quality videos and lately have been deleting some of my crummy videos from the past, still have a few more to remove. I also have been keeping audience retention in mind when editing my more recent videos. My question is, realistically, are there any statistics on what levels people have had to reach to be offered a youtube partnership? What are the benefits?

I do have custom thumbnails but I would really like a custom banner too.

Respectfully,
MJ