Yay! Big Youtube improvement by end of July 2018!

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
(Youtube free audio library) Favorites are going away by the end of July
so we can focus on the features and tools that matter most to you.

Meaning that all this time they were watching and improving...
...library's favorites for everyone?

and I think that I am the weirdo!... hahahaha!?

XD

Source: youtube.com/audiolibrary/music?ar=1&o=U

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That "reason" really doesn't make any sense. Not such a big deal for me since I don't really use the favorites. I have a folder on my OneDrive with all the songs I so far used and just include them when I like them. Still wondering why it would be such a big deal for them to let us have the favorites...

Reactions: videoeditgr

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That’s sucks because I usually use that feature for songs that I like but don’t need to download yet because I don’t have enough space on MacBook to keep downloading songs. When I need a specific song for a video I usually just go to my my favorites to find that song.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I downloaded a bunch of the free songs this afternoon. I can the music from "Dan Lebowitz" coming in handy!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's interesting that they keep deleting features that, while they may be unpopular or unused, don't seem to require much in the way of upkeep. YouTube can't seem to help it with tinkering with their code constantly.

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I downloaded some of the music and use the songs for my videos. I am disappointed to see Youtube delete the feature. I don't want to outsource music because some "artists" will steal music.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wait, are they getting rid of the free music that Youtube has?? The ones you can use for your videos without worries of claims and whatnot??? Do we risk getting claimed if we use the music after Youtube decides to get rid of them??

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Wait, are they getting rid of the free music that Youtube has?? The ones you can use for your videos without worries of claims and whatnot??? Do we risk getting claimed if we use the music after Youtube decides to get rid of them??
No no! They’re just getting rid of you marking some music or sound effects as a “favorite” so that you can find it later in your “favorites” section. The music will all still be available and free.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
No no! They’re just getting rid of you marking some music or sound effects as a “favorite” so that you can find it later in your “favorites” section. The music will all still be available and free.
Oh cool OK. That kinda worried me. I have some favorite songs already downloaded onto my computer, but there's new ones popping up everyday and it would have been a shame to lose that feature. Glad it's staying.