X Days to D day where do you stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I get your point but a little motivation would have helped. Not many small youtubers reach the adsense threshold so the ones that actually withdraw the money are the serious ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1518630955,1518630845][/DOUBLEPOST]
Creativity is all that counts... the money can come later[DOUBLEPOST=1518631172][/DOUBLEPOST]
We all love watching dogs....just keep on going and in no time you will hitting the watch time mark ...Good luck[DOUBLEPOST=1518631398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Agree... That's not a way to breach the partnership
Basically what I mean though is your avg kid who thinks he can put out garbage nonsense and be an instant millionaire will either be forced to produce things worth watching or not bother anymore if he can’t deliver that. At least in theory

Reactions: Boris Qs

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it’s too bad, I get the need to screen channels but it seems like there would be a better way to do it. Lumping in the people with a small but dedicated fan base who have had a channel for months or years and have uploaded a lot of content along with the ones who just joined last week and are uploading someone else’s popular stolen videos is insulting and doesn’t give any recognition to the hard work that smaller creators go through.

This model would be seriously objected to in the real world. Like, I’m a nurse. Most of my full-time coworkers in our busy unit do tons of overtime and probably clock 50 or 60 hours a week. I used to too. Then we had kids and now I just fill in for lunch breaks and sick days. I average 4 to 6 hours a week. Obviously I don’t do it solely for the (very small) income, but if my boss said “we’re not going to pay you unless you start hitting 20 hours a week” you’d better believe I’d be out of there! Hard work should be compensated, no matter the quantity, especially when another person or entity is benefiting from it!
As an ecommerce business, Yt cares about the "whales" - the biggest channels. It's not different to ebay caring about their Powersellers, amazon about their top sellers, Paypal about their biggest transactions. I've seen it get worse over the years - I've been in ecommerce and internet marketing for a while, and it's getting more brutal. Paypal closes accounts at will with no explanations leaving hundreds of transactions hanging, Shopify closes online merchants when it wants, even Uber, the posterboy of the new economy, treats drivers like utter crap paying them way below minimum wage while assuming no responsibility.

It's only going to get worse over time. While in the old system it used to be 80/20, in the digital age it's closer to 99.5/0.5 - 0.5% of channels/retailers/drivers/giggers/whatever - make 99.5% of revenue to the platform. Everyone else is expendable. Yt doesn't care for the channels under their watch time hurdle, sure they'll smile at news conferences and put out polished presses releases, but as always in life, actions speak louder than words.

The only way to survive in this amazing new digital economy if either be one of the 0.5%, build something of your own and provide service to the rejected masses, or go unabomber style and get a shack in the woods.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
That's the spirit...keep it up[DOUBLEPOST=1518472630,1518472516][/DOUBLEPOST]

What? LOL
LMAO Well I was hoping to use it to maybe buy a game I would review or something like that, but instead it came at a desperate time where it all went to bills. The job I had at the time was pretty sucky.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only way to survive in this amazing new digital economy if either be one of the 0.5%, build something of your own and provide service to the rejected masses, or go unabomber style and get a shack in the woods.
You hit the Nail on the Head[DOUBLEPOST=1518879390,1518879342][/DOUBLEPOST]
LMAO Well I was hoping to use it to maybe buy a game I would review or something like that, but instead it came at a desperate time where it all went to bills. The job I had at the time was pretty sucky.
Got you Now

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It has begun. The puppet master is in control. Millions will have their dreams slaughtered before the night is out. May God have mercy on us all.

puppet-master.jpg

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've got 527 to go
I know I'll make my goal its just a matter of time

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I was fine yesterday morning, but demonetized by the time I got home from work later that night. Yep, not only are my videos demonetized, but there is no option anywhere to monetize em, unless you apply.

However, I did not see anything about Youtube paying me what little I earned so far. I thought they were going to pay everyone whatever they happened to have at the time of the demonetization.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought they were going to pay everyone whatever they happened to have at the time of the demonetization.
check your Adsense account if you are over the threshold you can withdraw the money easily there[DOUBLEPOST=1519366474,1519366436][/DOUBLEPOST]
It has begun. The puppet master is in control. Millions will have their dreams slaughtered before the night is out. May God have mercy on us all.

View attachment 41854
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.