Not open for further replies.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its just remaining a couple of days before Youtube starts pulling off monetization from channels which hasn't reached their requirements I have already crossed the line but will like to know where others stand

How many Subs to make before the 1000 mark ?
How many Watch Hours Left before the D day (20th)?:O_o2:

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We already meet the requirements and i stand with my unpopular opinion.

This is fine. Youtube has rules and regulations and this is the threshold you need to pass to make money pretty simple really, I do find it funny aswell as soon as monotization rules are changed you very quickly see which creators are doing it for 'passion'.

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I was p****d off when it was announced. Now I don't really care that much anymore. I'm just gonna focus on growing my channel and make better content. I will get there eventually.

Subs left: 659
Watch time... lol. I'm nowhere near.

Reactions: Boris Qs

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
eh, I'm gonna be demonetized. I guess it's no big deal. I've got roughly 4 or 5 bucks all year. It's a shame though cause even if it's little by little it's nice to know the money is coming. I was kinda angry that when I finally got paid the first time it came at a time when I really needed the money, and I didn't get to spend it on stupid stuff lol.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was p****d off when it was announced. Now I don't really care that much anymore. I'm just gonna focus on growing my channel and make better content. I will get there eventually.

Subs left: 659
Watch time... lol. I'm nowhere near.
That's the spirit...keep it up[DOUBLEPOST=1518472630,1518472516][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was kinda angry that when I finally got paid the first time it came at a time when I really needed the money, and I didn't get to spend it on stupid stuff lol.
What? LOL

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I’ve been around a while so I’m above the line. My opinion is probably unpopular but I think setting the bar high will force the pretenders to quit and let the determined step up and shine

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm above the line, but I don't really care.
I mainly make Nintendo videos, so those are already not monetizable by default.

Iain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm only just starting out, but I really like this move by YouTube - I think that it will vastly improve quality which has to be a good thing?

Whilst I understand why it sucks for those that are close to monetization, the reality is that you don't earn that much in ad revenue when you first get monetized under the old rules... So the actual loss is low.

On the flipside, under the new rules and with the higher bar, manual reviews, etc, YouTube can improve the quality of partnered channels, and so this will discourage lower quality channels and videos. Viewers benefit from better content... Which makes them more engaged.... And therefore advertisers are willing to spend more money. This means that when people do get to partnering, there's likely more money to pay out.

*However* it should be about the content. Chase making good quality content, and the rest falls into place.

I'm just starting out, so to answer @BorisQs's question - I'm nowhere near, and maybe will never get there.... *But* for me it's going to be about documenting and sharing a journey and challenge I'm about to take on and raise some money for a charity close to my heart. I have a job and career I love though, and so my focus is maybe a little bit different to others...

Reactions: chottom

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a couple smaller channels that are both falling 'just' short of the requirements. If I put in some extra time I know I could lift them over but its a juggling act to how many channels one can handle.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Besides my main channel I had 5 experimental (test channels) - one was for 2D versions of my 3D videos (it was abandoned for 6 months), one gaming, one music and one software reviews/animations channel. Only the 2D versions channel met the requirements of not being kicked out (~4000 subscribers and ~50,000 watchtime hours), the gaming channel was going to be kicked from the YPP (with ~350 subscribers and ~1500 watchtime hours or ~1/3 only) and the music and software reviews channel didn't even meet the previous 10,000 views threshold, so they weren't monetized at all (the music channel had less than 1500 views and the software channel was at ~3000 views).

What I did:
I deleted the music channel (I regret it, but too late). Then I transferred the gaming and software videos to the 2D channel - more than 300 videos, which took me around 3 weeks and I still have to make descriptions for ~55 videos, but there is still time till 20th.

I was expecting the 2D channel to lose momentum because of this rather unusual consolidation, but it still does well and is now at 4100 subscribers. I saw the gaming channel getting some speed after the announcement (people subscribing and watching), but it was going to be a hard race to meet the requirements.

While YouTube doesn't directly offer the possibility to easily transfer videos between channels, I found a fast and easy method to do it, so it was mostly copy and paste work (and losing the videos views, but whatever). If anyone is interested I can describe the method.

Now I can focus on the 2D channel and develop it to 10,000 subscribers, where the real benefits start.

Status
Not open for further replies.