Writing comments in same type videos?

bradhawk

Reaction score
Hello, is it good to write comments in same type videos as yours? if its ok then should i need to watch full video before write comment and should i wait a little bit for write another comment to another video?

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
I think its best to comment on videos that are similar in content to yours, I dont think its necessary to watch the whole thing before commenting but I only try and comment what I actually think or if I got anything out of the video.

Never use comments for self promo, it's really spamy. Try and add to the conversation. They make a tutorial? How did the tutorial help you, It a short film? What did you like most, what didnt you like. Leave constructive feedback. Just in general be a good viewer.

People might view your channel, they might not. Don't make that the only goal from you commenting tho.

bradhawk

Reaction score
I think its best to comment on videos that are similar in content to yours, I dont think its necessary to watch the whole thing before commenting but I only try and comment what I actually think or if I got anything out of the video.

Never use comments for self promo, it's really spamy. Try and add to the conversation. They make a tutorial? How did the tutorial help you, It a short film? What did you like most, what didnt you like. Leave constructive feedback. Just in general be a good viewer.

People might view your channel, they might not. Don't make that the only goal from you commenting tho.
Thank you for comment. Also i saw some small channels added most big channels at their "featured channels" section as "friends". I saw that a lot of people doing this and i dont think they are friends. Is it a tactic for get more views from that channels audience?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I saw that a lot of people doing this and i dont think they are friends. Is it a tactic for get more views from that channels audience?
Haha, maybe they're not friends, but acquainted enough to give the other one a spotlight. It is definitely a tactic, but don't go around asking people to be put in their feature list. That is something that needs to happen organically.

This is very important. Don't ask people to check out your channel, they won't. If you watch a video on a certain game and you have a video on the same game, you could refer to something similar or opposite that happened in your experience, prompting people to check out your video.

Reactions: YouTube4x4

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's never required to watch the entire video before you comment. So you can without any consequences. But it does to add a much more thought out comment if you know what is going on in the entire video. =]

Also I see nothing wrong when commenting on someone's video whom has similar content to your own.
But don't forget to make sure your comment is adding to the video and isn't just like, "Hey, I make similar stuff. Check out my channel." Instead I'd be more like, "Hmm, you mention X is like Z but I'd like to add why it's similar to Y." Or whatever the video may be about. =]

And it's not necessary to comment on every one either. But it is nice to show support to someone in your same niche.
One last thing I'd like to add is that don't go watching these videos in the intent of luring people to your channel. Just watch em cause you enjoy them and support the creator. Add whatever you can to help bring information or an entertaining conversation to the channel/video and have a good time. If the only goal is to gain more subs then Youtube won't really be that entertaining for ya.

But that's just what I think anyways. =]

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
You are free to comment on any video you like. Most YouTubers are actually viewers too. But don't do it just for promotiaI purposes. Personally, I only comment on videos I really like or when I want to engage on a discussion or topic . I know it annoys me when people comment on my videos asking for subs or for self promotion so I do not do it to anybody.

Reactions: Fost

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
It's always a good thing to participate in a community :)
By watching and commenting videos that are the same type like yours, you can also get some ideas for your own videos. And maybe the people will take a look at your channel if you comment their videos. That's at least what I do often :D

bradhawk

Reaction score
It's always a good thing to participate in a community :)
By watching and commenting videos that are the same type like yours, you can also get some ideas for your own videos. And maybe the people will take a look at your channel if you comment their videos. That's at least what I do often :D
Is this can reduce my average watch time?