wow. Youtube discovered that people actually use messages except comments!!!

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
as titled!

I was so glad to see a "messages" icon in Youtube front page...

funny thing: "Youtube introduces new..."
(...no $hit Sherlock...)

XD :p :)

Reactions: ASMR Amour

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
as titled!

I was so glad to see a "messages" icon in Youtube front page...

funny thing: "Youtube introduces new..."
(...no $hit Sherlock...)

XD :p :)
Yeah I noticed that recently and I was like well that should have been a thing a long time ago. I bet that gets forgotten about so often because before you had to kind of dig in order to get to them. I like that they made a icon spot for them at the top :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm excited for it, everyone had to use twitter to message other content creators. Now we have an option on the site.
There has always been messaging on youtube, but noone payed any attention to it because of how you had to get to it. It is just in a more obvious spot to people now. Getting ahold of someone will still be a pain in the butt though trust me lol

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The thing is that noone has friends on youtube. Yes, everyone uses youtube, but the accounts of friends aren't linked to each other.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes I saw this new icon. i pressed it but but i don't see how it can be used to message any1. how do you add friends/contacts. Maybe someone should figure it out and make a youtube guide. Might be worth some views.

nobody ever uses the old messages from inside creator studio as it well hidden. I notice in there that new message don't show up anyway. You have to navigate to messages sent to see any new incoming messages. strange.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
update.

the message icon dissapeard from my front page.

c'mon Youtube... you got Studio beta to play with...
:(

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
If there is finally a feature planned that makes it way easier to get in contact with other accounts in "private", it'll be fine with me.
But I don't like the idea of implementing friends list and stuff, so we are going to have the next facebook-like platform just with the focus on videos. A private message function would do it for me.

Last edited: