Wow I never knew this... (Adobe Premiere)

If you use Adobe, did you know about this cache folder?

• Total voters

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So lately my PC had been running really really slow and it was taking me for ever to edit because there was so much freezing and lagging etc...

So today I've been trying to repair this by deleting unused programs, temp files, garbage bin etc..
I defragmented my drives and and moved files from my Main drive to other files to save space, but I still had way to many gigs used up on my main and I couldn't figure out where they were being used up from... so I did some searching and discovered that there was 50 gigs being used in a Adobe sub folder called "Media Cache Files".

I did some googling and found that that unless I had action projects, that i could safely delete this files. just in case though I moved them to another drive in a backup folder.

Long story short I now have lots of free room for my main driver, and everything is running so much faster!!!!

Thing to learn from all this, if you use Adobe, make sure to clean out your cache folder once in a while!!

Reactions: Irahs and Michael

jake weber

Check out my Partnered Channel!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I knew that :p And yes if you do a lot of video like me it eats up your computers HD space like candy lol