Would your kid click on my thumbnails?

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
My channel is really aimed at the under 6 crowd. I have older thumbnails with thicker colorful borders, but I started going with thinner borders on my new videos. Obviously, I would click on them :) But I'm really curious if they're eye-catching to kids. Thanks!

Reactions: Ryan ToysReview

Kids Kids Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! I just took a quick view on your thumbnails, obviously I am myself a beginner, but being a mom of two kids (in your target group) I think the thumbnails could be more catchy. For example, two of your thumbnails picture a boy from behind, while showing his face with emotions would be more appealing in my opinion.

Hope my feedback helps!

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi! I just took a quick view on your thumbnails, obviously I am myself a beginner, but being a mom of two kids (in your target group) I think the thumbnails could be more catchy. For example, two of your thumbnails picture a boy from behind, while showing his face with emotions would be more appealing in my opinion.

Hope my feedback helps!
Thank you. This is actually something I've been debating on. I've always heavily featured his face in my thumbnails. But I noticed that I had 4-5 videos being suggested on other videos that had over 500k view counts. Yet my suggested videos were only being clicked on 1-2 times per day. So, I'm wondering if it's because kids don't know who Bennett is yet? So, those thumbnails where it's him from behind are kind of an experiment.

Last edited:

Kids Kids Fun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Hope my feedback helps!
Thank you. This is actually something I've been debating on. I've always heavily featured his face in my thumbnails. But I noticed that I had 4-5 videos being suggested on other videos that had over 500k view counts. Yet my suggested videos were only being clicked on 1-2 times per day. So, I'm wondering if it's because kids don't know who Bennett is yet? So, those thumbnails where it's him from behind are a kind of an experiment.
Interesting! I have not thought about the experiment (my channel is just a month old ). I was advised to use photoshop to make custom thumbnails, I can't say it whether it works or not yet.
Anyway, I hope it works out for you! We've subscribed to see what happens to the experiment)

Reactions: Bennett's Playtime

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
nteresting! I have not thought about the experiment (my channel is just a month old ). I was advised to use photoshop to make custom thumbnails, I can't say it whether it works or not yet.
Anyway, I hope it works out for you! We've subscribed to see what happens to the experiment)
Thanks! If I notice a difference I'll let you know :)

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
My channel is really aimed at the under 6 crowd. I have older thumbnails with thicker colorful borders, but I started going with thinner borders on my new videos. Obviously, I would click on them :) But I'm really curious if they're eye-catching to kids. Thanks!
I don't yet have any children of my own but I have a lot of young nephews and nieces who love watching other kids on YouTube. I think your thumbnails look great! I would suggest maybe making the dinosaur character a little bigger as he's not very visible in the thumbnails. So you could maybe have the dinosaur 2 or 3x bigger and put the words "Bennett's Playtime" below it. Also I think the thumbnails that have Bennett's enlarged smiling face are the best (basically the last five). I think keep going with that style. And one more thing, your channel banner looks a little bit pixelated. What did you use to make it? If you have a high quality image of the dinosaur, I'd be more than happy to make the same banner for you but in higher resolution in Photoshop :)

Bennett's Playtime

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
And one more thing, your channel banner looks a little bit pixelated. What did you use to make it? If you have a high quality image of the dinosaur, I'd be more than happy to make the same banner for you but in higher resolution in Photoshop :)
Thanks for the offer! I know it's real pixelated. My husband drew and then photoshopped the dinosaur (he's a graphic designer). He told me, you have to upload it such and such way or it will be pixelated. I said, Whatever! I don't have time! lol. He's gonna fix it for me soon :)

I would suggest maybe making the dinosaur character a little bigger as he's not very visible in the thumbnails. So you could maybe have the dinosaur 2 or 3x bigger and put the words "Bennett's Playtime" below it.
That's a good idea. I might try that :up2:

Reactions: ItsBeeRay

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the offer! I know it's real pixelated. My husband drew and then photoshopped the dinosaur (he's a graphic designer). He told me, you have to upload it such and such way or it will be pixelated. I said, Whatever! I don't have time! lol. He's gonna fix it for me soon :)

Wow! Well it's a really cool design :)

Reactions: Bennett's Playtime