Would You Still Watch And Support A Small YouTuber Who Has This Issue

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Short answer, if I enjoy it. Yes. Look at Shoe0nHead for instance.

Reactions: ItsBecky

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No. I would not. A good video and good production skills go hand in hand. Someone may have less than perfect equipment but if they aren't able to cover that up then there's very little chance that he or she will be able to make interesting videos otherwise
thankyou for your honesty! i know not everyone will like videos like that so i'm glad you said something!

Yeah I would still watch! If they have a personality I like I stick around!
I do agree personality makes me stick around! I admit i struggle to watch youtubers who for example film off a low quality webcam, unless I am either friends with that person, or they generally have a good personality which still makes it funny or interesting!

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on how low quality the equipment they use is and how high quality the video is otherwise. It is really hard to have super bad quality videos these days. Like others have mentioned, smartphones are able to shoot in HD quality.

I use my phone/an ipod to record most of my videos; they aren't the highest quality videos and people will still watch them.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
thankyou for your honesty, every video is hit and miss with me, it depends how close I am to the microphone when I film, which I admit in this one I wasn't as close hence why the audio sounds strange.

Sometimes a video will go really well in every way but they are the ones that never seem to get views haha!

I currently own a 600D which is known to have really bad AGC, I have autofocus on and the sound turned right down on the camera, but in post production the hiss comes back really loudly, and the autofocus will not work when doing videos.

I use premiere pro to edit, sometimes my videos look fine on premiere pro then I export them and they come out louder, and look and sound worse then they did when editing, I normally export as H.264 its what I have always done for a while now

I have friends who are smaller then me, there equipment isn't good at all, but they do good videos and it just takes being discovered, that's another reason why I asked this question :)
Just a quick tip in case you don't do this already. If time allows, always render the video in VBR 2 pass rather than just the 1 pass. This gives you a bit better quality. It does take a tad longer to render mind.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I would. For me if the video is interesting or the person in the video has a good personality and is fun to watch then to me the equipment quality doesn't matter. We all need to start somewhere and my first videos (way back in the day) weren't the best either when it comes to quality. =]

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I would definitely watch a smaller channel with slightly lesser equipment, for sure.
To be honest the only thing that rrrrreally effects my viewing is when you actually can't hear the person talk, or the lighting is really terrible, those are the onlyyyy things that really make me not want to watch a video..[DOUBLEPOST=1499285631,1499285298][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just a quick tip in case you don't do this already. If time allows, always render the video in VBR 2 pass rather than just the 1 pass. This gives you a bit better quality. It does take a tad longer to render mind.
I'm curious about this, I might be completely dumb in asking but how would you go about doing that? I'm kind of a noob when it comes to... actually knowing what I'm doing :D

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I honestly have no idea what you mean or how to do that sorry!

Thanks for all your comments!

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It depends on the software you're using but on premiere pro, when you export the media a menu pops up with all the codec settings and whatnot. If you scroll down you'll see its default set to vbr 1 pass. Just change it to vbr 2 pass before rendering.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on the software you're using but on premiere pro, when you export the media a menu pops up with all the codec settings and whatnot. If you scroll down you'll see its default set to vbr 1 pass. Just change it to vbr 2 pass before rendering.
I've always rendered mine in h.264! I admit I don't understand many of the settings, just learnt that one at uni

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I honestly have no idea what you mean or how to do that sorry!

Thanks for all your comments!

If you use premiere pro to edit, it's on the export menu. So where you choose the video codec etc. Scroll down and you'll see
I've always rendered mine in h.264! I admit I don't understand many of the settings, just learnt that one at uni

When you export and the menu comes up before rendering. You'll see it under the bitrate settings section. Just change it to vbr 2 pass