Would you join a club?

chrisbitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I belong to a film making club, which is kinda the forerunner to YouTube in a way..

we have 2 yearly shows, and about 200 people come to each, but nationally, club membership is declining, and I'm interested why.

But I'm constantly bashing on at the traditionalists that theres no shortage of filmmakers - jut look at YouTube to see the variety of young talent out there.

So my question to everyone here is... Would you be interested in a IRL filmmaking club? Have you ever considered it? Why wouldn't you join? Or do you think it's a good idea?

Personally, It taught me how to edit - the skill of actually telling a story, rather than being just a camera operator... We discuss each others films - and suggest ideas where they might be improved in a helpful way... And this is with people that might have been making hobby (YouTube sketch style) films for 40 years!

Reaction score
I belong to a film making club, which is kinda the forerunner to YouTube in a way..

we have 2 yearly shows, and about 200 people come to each, but nationally, club membership is declining, and I'm interested why.

But I'm constantly bashing on at the traditionalists that theres no shortage of filmmakers - jut look at YouTube to see the variety of young talent out there.

So my question to everyone here is... Would you be interested in a IRL filmmaking club? Have you ever considered it? Why wouldn't you join? Or do you think it's a good idea?

Personally, It taught me how to edit - the skill of actually telling a story, rather than being just a camera operator... We discuss each others films - and suggest ideas where they might be improved in a helpful way... And this is with people that might have been making hobby (YouTube sketch style) films for 40 years!
Oh, definitely. There are so many things to learn. As long as they promise not to rage too long about the jump cut ;)

Reactions: AikoMiyoko

Magragosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would love it so i can learn a bit more about editing and stuff, we bought a green screen lately as well and would be nice to make something cool with that, but i never have any good ideas of what to make

chrisbitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I guess the next question is... why not? have you not heard of one, or you've heard of one, but it's too far away?

Let's not forget my favourite possibility, clubs aren't cool anymore...