Would This Be A Good Idea?

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Hi there, so I have two channels, one that I am active all the time on and the other I just upload random videos like of events and stuff. I have alot of cameras I don't use much anymore and don't want to sell them.

So my question is should Ichange it into a tech channel? Like tests of cameras, phones,microphones? Would it get views, considering there are already a few tech channels, what are your thoughts?

ChannelOlli

High quality gaming guides!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey man, I don't want to be annoying but you always come to this forum asking stuff that honestly should be a decision that you have to make! If you want to do a tech channel, why not? It's not up to us to decide about that! :)

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
Hey man, I don't want to be annoying but you always come to this forum asking stuff that honestly should be a decision that you have to make! If you want to do a tech channel, why not? It's not up to us to decide about that! :)
but the thing is the reason why i'm asking is because some people might thing ugh another tech channel or something I don't want to be doing something that isn't going to work on youtube, I just wan't some feedback on what people would think of it, an audience member will have a different point of view to the person in the video so that's why i'm asking really, if I wan't to ask for feedback why not? It's a good way of getting a reaction of how the videos would engage on the audience, anyway thanks for the advice :D

ChannelOlli

High quality gaming guides!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
but the thing is the reason why i'm asking is because some people might thing ugh another tech channel or something I don't want to be doing something that isn't going to work on youtube, I just wan't some feedback on what people would think of it, an audience member will have a different point of view to the person in the video so that's why i'm asking really, if I wan't to ask for feedback why not? It's a good way of getting a reaction of how the videos would engage on the audience, anyway thanks for the advice :D
Off course people will be, ugh another tech channel. Just like they say ugh another gamer or another vlogger. You have to prove that you are the best out there!

Reactions: Brodie

YukiTenshin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator
Hmm, I can tell you that my boyfriend is often looking for tech reviews. But it is also the question what kind of review it is - and I think that it is important that your watchers get the feeling that you're competent in the things you're speaking about. If you have this ability than I think that there are good chances for you for getting a lot of watchers. Look: People watching tech reviews because they want to know a lot of things about the object the review is. Maybe they want to buy it later - than they want to know the technical specifications and their performances, the material the object is make of and so on. So I think that you'll be sure that you have enough knowledge for this channel. Maybe you have to read special articles and jorunals for getting this knowledge. Here in Germany we have for example the PC Games Hardware magazine which writes about the hardware you can use as highend gamer. There you can maybe get the knowledge for PC reviews if you like to make some anytime (you have to look if you have an magazine like this in your country ;) )

Be sure that you can make informing reviews which giving the informations the watchers want. Put yourself in the audience: When would you like to watch a tech review? What would you like to know? What have the reviewer have to tell you, so you're watching this videos? What quality they should have? And more questions like that.

I think if you answer this questions for yourself you can better decide if you should make this channel ;)

Good luck! :D

MikeDustBucketTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hi there, so I have two channels, one that I am active all the time on and the other I just upload random videos like of events and stuff. I have alot of cameras I don't use much anymore and don't want to sell them.

So my question is should Ichange it into a tech channel? Like tests of cameras, phones,microphones? Would it get views, considering there are already a few tech channels, what are your thoughts?
if you want to go ahead with it, you need to make really well edited videos with good content, um you need to review new big products and be one of the first to post reviews and yeah thats about it :) the perks about making a channel like that is that if you actually start doing well, companies will start contacting you and send you their own products for free so that you can review them

Disneyboy89

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Doing reviews on tech stuff seem to be nice for views. For me, its nice to see more about the thing I am about to buy rather than just read about it.

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
my opinion, do another channel about tech.
what other youtubers did like smosh, when they wanted to introduce gaming they posted one video on their ianh channel and they asked if people wanted to see more of it and the audience said yes so they started a new channel for gaming. so you can do the same, introduce tech to you new channel (only one video) ask if they want more of your tech stuff if they said yes then open up a new tech channel. because you are starting new i recomend you to focus on your main channel and later on add more channels.

minecraftbadman

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
do as many channels as you want! its totally up to you

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
Don't think about it just do it! YouTube is all about taking risks and challenges and its not like if the channel fails your going to lose $1,000 or something just do it!