would this be a dumb idea?

Explorationnation

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My channel gets about 15,000 to 30,000 plus views a day and only two percent of my subscribers count for all of those views. I think this is a good thing because that means youtube is promoting my videos pretty well. I have a lot of older videos that are just as good as the newer ones quality wise. but aren't getting many views because they were uploaded before my channel grew. Would it be dumb to delete and Re upload these older videos now that my videos are getting suggested better? Only reason I think this might be okay is because I barely have a fan base, most comments are also people who have never seen my videos before, and almost everyone, including my subscribers probably didn't see the older video.

Reactions: Noobzilla

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive done similar and it worked well for me.

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you do not think a lot of people have seen them and want them to be seen than i think its a good idea.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds good to me! You should do it! Good luck!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know if I would delete and re-load. I may re-use some of the material you've had in older videos and turn it into something new, if that makes sense. So make a "Top 10 Abandoned Places," or whatever your channel is about, rather than deleting and re-uploading. That way, you have the originals and you have brand-new content built from the older content.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have seen you tube infuencer people say you should get rid of old vids because they hurt your analytics. Personally I haven't done this but If you do keep us posted on how it works out

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

If it were me, I wouldn't delete them, but I'd start referencing them in my new videos (via cards, end screens, links in description etc)