Would Posting 2 Videos a Week Help My Channel?

Emily Pruna

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I currently post one video every week. However, every time I ask people "How do I grow my channel?" I pretty much get the same answer. "You have t keep putting your stuff out there" I of course share all my stuff on social media and am pretty active on there but I still am only gaining a trickle of subscribers. So I was wondering if the next logical step is posting two videos a week instead of my current one.

Has anyone else tried this? Did it work? Do you think that it would make a difference?

Any advice you have about growing a channel is welcome

Reactions: Fox Beat

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I currently post one video every week. However, every time I ask people "How do I grow my channel?" I pretty much get the same answer. "You have t keep putting your stuff out there" I of course share all my stuff on social media and am pretty active on there but I still am only gaining a trickle of subscribers. So I was wondering if the next logical step is posting two videos a week instead of my current one.

Has anyone else tried this? Did it work? Do you think that it would make a difference?

Any advice you have about growing a channel is welcome
I'm a very small youtuber, sharing my vids on social media like fb, twitter, G+ myspace, linkedin etc doesn't help me enough, but i still doing this, means sharing my bid on soc med for backlinking only.
And honestly, being active on a forum like this is very helpful to me to get some direct views and subs.

Reactions: Emily Pruna

umbysworld

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
For your type of channel I think once a week is definitely not enough. Do you have enough free time to make videos more often? If so, try to make one every day because otherwise people might think you don't care enough considering your videos require minimal preparation and editing. You have an entertaining enough personality and I think you could get more subs in time if you show more dedication (something I myself am lacking lol).

Trippst3r

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
YouTube's algorithm, to my knowledge, likes seeing channels with more uploads in a weeks time (i.e. four uploads ranks higher than one). Assuming this is true, posting two videos rather than one should be useful in helping you rank higher and be more noticeable. As @Scootakip [Lana] mentioned, don't sacrifice quality for quantity. If you have the time, then I encourage you to go for 2 uploads a week! I hope to see your channel succeed! I did stop by and you have interesting videos, and quality is noticeable! :)

CanuckKidsTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've started posting 2x a week instead of the whenever I got around to it schedule I had previously and my subs definitely went up. I also made a proper banner for my channel indicating that I upload weekly.

HoeLeeFuQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i say quality over quantity always, i'm a small YouTube also, i be researching a lot how i can make my channel grow, i hear all the time to pump out as many videos as you can. but with quality at the top priority. the subs will come slowly but they ill come. it wont happen over night unless you go viral. be patient its hard to do but that what im doing also, while i think of ideas for a new video :) have a nice day!

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that is always prefferable to upload more videos, if you can, beacuse that way, you will grow a bit faster ;)