Would love feedback on my latest video!

Avio Games

Reaction score
Just posted my first of this new style of commentary I am doing! Would loved feedback on this video. I know it was short, but it was more of an update video than anything. Thanks!
Also if anyone would like to give me gameplay footage for my commentaries, email me joshbowling82@gmail.com

Reactions: Pichu

Avio Games

Reaction score
I've been uploading videos and I just can't get them out there. I can't get views and I think my videos just aren't being found by people. I tag them well I think. I use all of the tag space and use very specific tags. Is my content just that bad? Any help? What can I do to get my videos out there?

Reactions: dineANDrhyme

dineANDrhyme

Reaction score
I've been uploading videos and I just can't get them out there. I can't get views and I think my videos just aren't being found by people. I tag them well I think. I use all of the tag space and use very specific tags. Is my content just that bad? Any help? What can I do to get my videos out there?
Consistency! You have to create a schedule and stick with it! Very important

TheRealKrakenGaming

Reaction score
The video is great, good concept and I can tell you planned on what you were going to talk about. Work on fading out audio and that every thing you say is clear. Other than that great video! Keep up the good

Reactions: Pichu

Pichu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What you're doing is great tbh! It just takes a lot of time to become noticed, youtubers such as Ali-A made videos for 5 years before hitting 1,000 subscribers. Just talk about topics you enjoy personally and have a passion about and people will be interested.
Improvements: Try and avoid fading in and out on the audio so it seems like it was a one take.
I would be happy to provide some Overwatch gameplay if you would like some. One question: How long do you want the videos to be?

TiredGiraffeHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Let me be honest If I was to watch that video on YT I wouldn't subscribe to the person. I can hear background noise and the mic is too close to the face it makes it a bit worse quality. Also a bit of editing and your voice sounds like you have no interest in the topic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Man,

The video is good there's nothing wrong specifically with the commentary but maybe some more inflection in your voice, kinda sounds like you are being forced to make this video, there's things you could change technically about the video.

With the Audio to fix the background noise that keeps sneaking up, in the audio software you are recording into try and see if it has a noise reduction effect (In Adobe Audition it has 2 Noise Reduction & Adaptive Noise Reduction), then when recording before you start speaking allow a couple seconds of "Room Noise" to record this normally allows you to be able to take those few seconds of sound and use it as a profile for the effect to scrub through your sound and remove the noise.

With the video quality - make sure at the bare minimum upload 720p

Channel wise, I would highly recommend Customized Thumbnails, 3/4 of your videos look like they have default Thumbnails from when you upload the video, it's also good to make playlist and organize your videos on your home page - Your thumbnail and the presentation of your channel are your first impression to a potential subscriber so you wanna make it a good one.

All this being said - First and foremost is have fun with it, I know it is a grind esp when you put a lot of hard work into some videos to have no one watch it but regardless HAVE FUN! that's why most of us do YouTube right? everyone grows at their own pace so don't stress man. Everything is apart of learning :)

These are just my opinions and from personal experience, don't stress we've all started somewhere!

Have a great day :D

Reactions: Avio Games

Avio Games

Reaction score
What you're doing is great tbh! It just takes a lot of time to become noticed, youtubers such as Ali-A made videos for 5 years before hitting 1,000 subscribers. Just talk about topics you enjoy personally and have a passion about and people will be interested.
Improvements: Try and avoid fading in and out on the audio so it seems like it was a one take.
I would be happy to provide some Overwatch gameplay if you would like some. One question: How long do you want the videos to be?
Thanks man! And around 10 minutes[DOUBLEPOST=1485306043,1485305925][/DOUBLEPOST]
Let me be honest If I was to watch that video on YT I wouldn't subscribe to the person. I can hear background noise and the mic is too close to the face it makes it a bit worse quality. Also a bit of editing and your voice sounds like you have no interest in the topic.
I'll try to fix it in the future![DOUBLEPOST=1485306125][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks so much for the f
Hi Man,

The video is good there's nothing wrong specifically with the commentary but maybe some more inflection in your voice, kinda sounds like you are being forced to make this video, there's things you could change technically about the video.

With the Audio to fix the background noise that keeps sneaking up, in the audio software you are recording into try and see if it has a noise reduction effect (In Adobe Audition it has 2 Noise Reduction & Adaptive Noise Reduction), then when recording before you start speaking allow a couple seconds of "Room Noise" to record this normally allows you to be able to take those few seconds of sound and use it as a profile for the effect to scrub through your sound and remove the noise.

With the video quality - make sure at the bare minimum upload 720p

Channel wise, I would highly recommend Customized Thumbnails, 3/4 of your videos look like they have default Thumbnails from when you upload the video, it's also good to make playlist and organize your videos on your home page - Your thumbnail and the presentation of your channel are your first impression to a potential subscriber so you wanna make it a good one.

All this being said - First and foremost is have fun with it, I know it is a grind esp when you put a lot of hard work into some videos to have no one watch it but regardless HAVE FUN! that's why most of us do YouTube right? everyone grows at their own pace so don't stress man. Everything is apart of learning :)

These are just my opinions and from personal experience, don't stress we've all started somewhere!

Have a great day :D
Thanks so much for the feedback![DOUBLEPOST=1485306206][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also I fixed the fade. My editing program doesn't let me change it so I got a voice recorder that let's me pause[DOUBLEPOST=1485306262][/DOUBLEPOST]
The video is great, good concept and I can tell you planned on what you were going to talk about. Work on fading out audio and that every thing you say is clear. Other than that great video! Keep up the good
Thanks so much dude!