Would love advice

Lifeofronnie

Reaction score
So I started regularly uploading on my channel FlyingWithRonnie a few weeks ago. So far I’m at about 31 subscribers and my views aren’t too bad. It’s been the same for a couple days now but overall it hasn’t been too bad like I said. I upload about once a week with each trip I go on. I want to find other things to make videos on that are tailored to my audience and my channel so I have more to upload and keep the content coming so that I can go from once a week to maybe two or three times a week. Any advice anyone can give me on better ways to grow my channel? I’ve watched sooo many channel tips videos on YouTube but just wondered if there was anyone here who had any good advice as well! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tradesman

Reaction score
So I started regularly uploading on my channel FlyingWithRonnie a few weeks ago. So far I’m at about 31 subscribers and my views aren’t too bad. It’s been the same for a couple days now but overall it hasn’t been too bad like I said. I upload about once a week with each trip I go on. I want to find other things to make videos on that are tailored to my audience and my channel so I have more to upload and keep the content coming so that I can go from once a week to maybe two or three times a week. Any advice anyone can give me on better ways to grow my channel? I’ve watched sooo many channel tips videos on YouTube but just wondered if there was anyone here who had any good advice as well! Thanks in advance!

It takes time. I'm at 13k right now after a year and a half. Regular uploads is a must, I do best when I can get a video out close to daily. You do have to keep it from going stale though, so be creative. Another thing is comment on other videos but don't spam their comments. I've found you don't have to mention you have a channel at all, just make a good, relevant comment and people will click on your username out of curiosity. Good luck.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lifeofronnie

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wish I had advice that I have proven works. But I only have just over 200 subscribers. Best thing you can do is make content that offers something to someone. When I grew most of my subscribers I was uploading weekly so that helps too. But I failed on the content department. I think my vlogs are funny and entertaining and tightly edited but unless you know me or want to see where I'm travelling, who really cares. I'm trying to adapt my content, keeping comedy but now less about me more about stories.

That's probably the biggest thing. Offer value with your content. No one really cares about 10 facts about you (no offence) and they probably wont watch that. However, they might care about 10 things every flight attendant hates. More of a general appeal.

Lifeofronnie

Reaction score
I wish I had advice that I have proven works. But I only have just over 200 subscribers. Best thing you can do is make content that offers something to someone. When I grew most of my subscribers I was uploading weekly so that helps too. But I failed on the content department. I think my vlogs are funny and entertaining and tightly edited but unless you know me or want to see where I'm travelling, who really cares. I'm trying to adapt my content, keeping comedy but now less about me more about stories.

That's probably the biggest thing. Offer value with your content. No one really cares about 10 facts about you (no offence) and they probably wont watch that. However, they might care about 10 things every flight attendant hates. More of a general appeal.
Thank you very much! I’m doing my best to stay as consistent as possible and trying to get better with my editing. The “ten things every flight attendant hates” is a very good idea and I might just do that. I’ve been thinking about other good video ideas besides my normal vlogs I could do to bring more people in. How do you think my vlogs are?

ShawnMcCallum

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're looking for some constructive criticism, they're a little too long and need to grab the users attention a little earlier. Long shots of mundane things can be tightened up. And the cameras too shaky. Try setting it down and talking to it. You seem comfortable enough talking to it though so that's good! Mind checking out my channel as well? Cheers.

Paperblossem

Reaction score

If getting subscribers is your main objective then you should use a different social network as a place to find your target audience.

For example: Follow people from your target audience on Instagram, ask them to subscribe to your YouTube channel and some of them will actually do it.

Now you have to understand that if you do this, you will get some haters for doing self promotion… but with millions of active people out there… how are you able to get discovered without self promotion?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Reactions: videoeditgr

Lifeofronnie

Reaction score
If getting subscribers is your main objective then you should use a different social network as a place to find your target audience.

For example: Follow people from your target audience on Instagram, ask them to subscribe to your YouTube channel and some of them will actually do it.

Now you have to understand that if you do this, you will get some haters for doing self promotion… but with millions of active people out there… how are you able to get discovered without self promotion?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Trying to build up views and watch time as well as subscribers, not JUST subscribers :)

Reactions: Paperblossem

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I want to find other things to make videos on that are tailored to my audience and my channel
it is not a tip and it is not an advice either.

Do whatever you like to show or upload. Your audience is some millions users browsing the whole of Youtube not just your subscribers (maybe I am wrong though...)

:)