Would creating a Facebook "fan" page help?

Christoverse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi everyone,

I have a few friends on YT who have created Facebook "fan" pages to promote their content on. They swear by it, but I am reluctant to follow suit. I know that at least the followers who choose to follow your page will be okay with you promoting strictly your YT content on FB, but I'm not sure if it's too early for that.

Maxemole

Resident Potato
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I find that people don't use Facebook as much as other things. I have one but I have a hard time updating it too much as from what i've heard it doesn't do much until you are somewhat established.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Meh, wouldn't warrant one if you don't have enough subscribers/followers to begin with. Just more work you need to do in sharing across your social media platforms netting very little in return if you have a small viewerbase.

Now, if we're talking 100k+ subscribers, then I could see it being a great retention tool.

Reactions: k13lock

k13lock

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Depends what your target audience is. If its somewhere between 20-55 then I'd say go for it since that's where they are.

Have a lot of 14-18 year olds in my audience that don't do facebook, they are on snapchat mostly so that's where I hit em! Certainly helps the more places you are, it comes down to time management and the way you promote through that platform