Music Would any musicians want to collab with piano?

Walter Moran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm down for whatever genre. I just want to get some new videos across. Any instruments would be cool.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm down for whatever genre. I just want to get some new videos across. Any instruments would be cool.
I make stupid a** beats when I feel like it, but lately I've been thinking of making some serious beats for timelapse and slow motion videos I make. I've been looking for royalty free music for my videos lately because I'm on the fence about staying with Fullscreen, I'd naturally give credit if the artist wanted it. I've never collabbed with anyone, not sure how anything would fit, but yeah. Here's how stupid I can be, but I do know how to make some wicked hip hop/ bass line beats..... (I made these horrible sounds to wake up my cousin who would sleep past noon every day, the videos came later). I have some non-annoying beats saved on my computer.....

Scotty_Gunning

The one that wears the cardigans
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I can play acoustic guitar and bass so if you want to I wouldn't mind collaborating with you

Walter Moran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I make stupid a** beats when I feel like it, but lately I've been thinking of making some serious beats for timelapse and slow motion videos I make. I've been looking for royalty free music for my videos lately because I'm on the fence about staying with Fullscreen, I'd naturally give credit if the artist wanted it. I've never collabbed with anyone, not sure how anything would fit, but yeah. Here's how stupid I can be, but I do know how to make some wicked hip hop/ bass line beats..... (I made these horrible sounds to wake up my cousin who would sleep past noon every day, the videos came later). I have some non-annoying beats saved on my computer.....
lmao that made me pretty uncomfortable. i mean if you have any legit samples i could hear them.

damn Walter you can play ....love that Skrillex cover ...very good ......i'd be interested .....do you have a DAW to record the midi information etc ???
thank you my man. i have the free software called REAPER. I could maybe see if that works.

I can play acoustic guitar and bass so if you want to I wouldn't mind collaborating with you
awesome, we'll figure something out

Walter Moran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
do we all have to have the same audio software? I'm actually pretty confused on how to actually combine all of our music files together.

Little Recordings

The alter ego of Kristen Is Calm- Kristen is Angry
Reaction score
If you want a tip regarding recording.
The most basic I can give you is this:
Record everthing on you side, start recording 10 seconds in advance, count from 1-2-3-4-mark, and the start playing. Do that with every instrument.
The other party involved, does the same with his instrument, and when he records his side, he records ONLY his instrument, not on top of the music, but as a track with only his instrument, he does 1-2-3-4-mark also in synch to your backing track original.

So lets say you have 4 instruments, you will have 4 separate tracks, put them into something like reaper, and then use the 1-2-3-4-mark as a synching point.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Walter Moran

Walter Moran

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i see. I'm assuming I would get the other musician's tracks via email and in .wav format? or mp3?

Little Recordings

The alter ego of Kristen Is Calm- Kristen is Angry
Reaction score
Yes, just use dropbox or something, share it and be happy.

Do not ever ever ever render in mp3.....ever. MP3 is designed as a format, which take as little space as you can. I record everything in WAV always.
For example, this is the difference between two of my tracks: Rambling On My Mind.mp3 - 4.14 MB and Rambling On My Mind.wav - 45.5 MB.

Where do you think those 40 extra MB go? : D it gets highly compressed, hence loosing quality.
MP3 are originally design for headphones on player use only, since they take up so little space, but the pay of in the quality is "acceptable", since it is a small player with small speakers.

WAV is uncompressed, so it is as close as you can get to original master tapes. Still not perfect, but hey, best we got.

Maybe there is some format better, I just do not know. But for stereo output, WAV is usually more than enough.