Worth buy advertisement for channal ?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi KidsCorner. (I would have started a private conversation, but it seems that I need 50 posts to do that.)

According to Tube Buddy, you seemed to have exponential subscriber growth starting a few months ago. Did you recall doing anything specific to bring that about?
Yes of course :) I got more on trend with what the big guys do in my niche instead of doing more of my own thing. That was the biggest change on top of a full overhaul of my channel in the weeks before.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes of course :) I got more on trend with what the big guys do in my niche instead of doing more of my own thing. That was the biggest change on top of a full overhaul of my channel in the weeks before.
When you say overhaul, what exactly do you mean? and CONGRATS! Wow that one video you did a few days ago, 15 MIL?? I would be freaking out lol

Psychotic Squirrel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What i don't understand is why more people aren't buying advertisements for their channels? You literally are never again going to be able to market a youtube channel for any cheaper then you can right now. $0.01 per view, are you kidding me?

Maybe it's because I come from more of a business background, but if you're telling me I can get a legitimate Youtube/Google view for 1 penny, I'm all over that. It literally can't get any cheaper and the price is only going to go up. Even in the music niche that I'm in, which is extremely crowded, I can get views this cheap. It's insane to me that more people aren't spending money on marketing for their channels!

If it's just a hobby for you and you upload the occasional video, fine. But if you truly intend to build a youtube channel and want to earn revenue from it one day, but are not willing to spend 1 cent for a view, i don't know what to tell you.

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you say overhaul, what exactly do you mean? and CONGRATS! Wow that one video you did a few days ago, 15 MIL?? I would be freaking out lol
Yeah 15 million on a day is beyond crazy but it happened! But you get scared too, you hope it's not a one off, hope it won't go down too badly, etc. More pressure to deliver well on the next video(s) too :)

On the overhaul, I just decided that after 5 months of building a toy/play doh channel this will never take of enough to acceptable levels (too expensive to do well without sponsors) and despite how hard it was to trash all my hard work and money invested, I did it and went into skits which took more time to learn. I also changed from uploading daily/every second day to once a week to create more time for myself to learn how to be a better content creator. Otherwise you're just too busy creating junk without the time to learn/analyse and reflect. It was hard but it paid off for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah 15 million on a day is beyond crazy but it happened! But you get scared too, you hope it's not a one off, hope it won't go down too badly, etc. More pressure to deliver well on the next video(s) too :)

On the overhaul, I just decided that after 5 months of building a toy/play doh channel this will never take of enough to acceptable levels (too expensive to do well without sponsors) and despite how hard it was to trash all my hard work and money invested, I did it and went into skits which took more time to learn. I also changed from uploading daily/every second day to once a week to create more time for myself to learn how to be a better content creator. Otherwise you're just too busy creating junk without the time to learn/analyse and reflect. It was hard but it paid off for me.
Oh I bet!

Great stuff.. We are in the process of a change as well, trying to learn better effects and taking more time when filming.. my boys are younger, so the acting isnt to great right now.. So happy for you! Congrats again!

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score

Awesome achievement, congratulations!
BTW I found another channel with your videos, was wondering if it's yours or just someone stole them? UCsB-1d8mS9zhHIje_sGTpXA

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome achievement, congratulations!
BTW I found another channel with your videos, was wondering if it's yours or just someone stole them? UCsB-1d8mS9zhHIje_sGTpXA
Thanks for the congrats! And yes, the other channel is my compilation channel. :) I'm very active on hunting down people who reupload my videos, I even caught someone who uploaded all my videos but did go through the painstaking time to edit out my logo in the videos! I let him waste his time for a week and then had his channel terminated :)

Reactions: FM_WORLD and RTT

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have bought advertisement for some of my videos in the beginning.. When it´s done right it can work but there is also a lot of s****y advertisment so be careful.. Reddit has for me been the best place to "advertise"
You mention "Buy shoutouts from bigger channels" and this is IMO the very best way to advertise your channel:up2: But why buy?? start out by asking some of these channels for a shout out if you will make them a video or whatever you could think of:) I have done this with 2 bigger channels and it has given me 100+ subs over night

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats! And yes, the other channel is my compilation channel. :) I'm very active on hunting down people who reupload my videos, I even caught someone who uploaded all my videos but did go through the painstaking time to edit out my logo in the videos! I let him waste his time for a week and then had his channel terminated :)
Well done! Stealing is bad and must be stopped!
I noticed that the first video you published on the other channel after a 3 month break got substantially more views than previous ones. Did you do anything special except being on trend and using right title and tags? Did the views started immediately after publishing?

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well done! Stealing is bad and must be stopped!
I noticed that the first video you published on the other channel after a 3 month break got substantially more views than previous ones. Did you do anything special except being on trend and using right title and tags? Did the views started immediately after publishing?
I put an end card on two of my less popular videos on the main channel which drove some traffic but that's it. Most of it came organic. Title/tags/description is also almost identical so that helps. I noticed that on both the main channel and the second channel get suggested to each other a lot so that's very good!