Worth buy advertisement for channal ?

Zipyy

Reaction score
Anyone bought advertisement for channal ? is worth advertisement brand new channal ?

also what should be best Buy shoutouts from bigger channels or buy advertisement from popular facebook/instagram/twitter group ? or ?

Melanie King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I bought advertisement for my channel when I first started out from Google and every time someone asks me this I tell them the same thing.

Save Your Money

I bought mine from Google, and although it did bring in views, here is why I would NOT recommend it.

1) Some sites are tricky about how they explain the system to you and you may potentially put yourself at risk of losing HUNDREDS of dollars (I accidentally lost $180 from not reading carefully).

2) It gets views, but NOT engagement. From that experience I didn't get a single subscriber, nor a single comment, nor a single Like/Dislike

3) Google basically sends all of those views to a single video and not your entire channel. So while some of your videos have like 50 views their's that one oddly placed video that magically has 4K. Which by then people can easily tell you bought them.

So I definitely would advise you not to even bother.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just don't do it. Views that are organic, meaning they come from people who find it on their own are more likely to watch, be engaged and come back for more i.e subscribing. The best thing to do is get TubeBuddy for free and use its keyword suggestion system to make your video more easily found and also being active in the YouTube community.

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your starting out, I would say try it for really low like $10 and see if it makes any difference. I haven't done it per se but I have had friends do this and they recommend it. Doing ads is just another form of marketing

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It gets views, but NOT engagement.
This is only true in some cases. If you truly know what you're doing and know how to target your audience and your keywords, you will get engagement, because why wouldn't you? If someone searches for "Sad song covers" and finds an advertisement at the top of the search listings that shows a channel that has sad song covers, they will click on it and be just as likely to engage as someone who clicks on a regular search listing after searching the same keyword, no? As long as you're not bait-and-switching them, there should be a normal amount of engagement.
Views that are organic, meaning they come from people who find it on their own are more likely to watch, be engaged and come back for more i.e subscribing.
But if they are searching Youtube for a keyword and an ad comes up that matches the keyword just as well as the 'real' search listings beneath it, and the person clicks the ad result, the engagement should be just as good. I can see your argument if it was just random placement with no targeting, but as long as it's targeted well it should get engagement.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
I tried and its working, i got some subs plus more likes but it is very expensive!! Consider that you have to invest a good amount of dollars if you wanna get a good result, i mean about 50 dollars per day at least.
But its working... consider this: how much money companies invest every day in ADS???

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ads can be done at one cent a piece if you configure it correctly. If you target it properly and if your content is really good, you will have similar results as to organic views and you will get bonus views as people will click your next videos, subscribe, like, share, etc. If your channel is not ready for organic views, advertisement will not achieve much besides wasting money. In that case learn first, optimize and then invest if you want to want to make a business out of this thing.

Melanie King

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is only true in some cases. If you truly know what you're doing and know how to target your audience and your keywords, you will get engagement, because why wouldn't you? If someone searches for "Sad song covers" and finds an advertisement at the top of the search listings that shows a channel that has sad song covers, they will click on it and be just as likely to engage as someone who clicks on a regular search listing after searching the same keyword, no? As long as you're not bait-and-switching them, there should be a normal amount of engagement.

But if they are searching Youtube for a keyword and an ad comes up that matches the keyword just as well as the 'real' search listings beneath it, and the person clicks the ad result, the engagement should be just as good. I can see your argument if it was just random placement with no targeting, but as long as it's targeted well it should get engagement.
And you may be exactly correct, just from my own experience I found out it was a bad idea. I targeted mine for Comedy Channels and what I had happen to me is still what happened.

All in all, I think KidsCorner said it best.

Maybe once you hit a certain YouTube groove it may be beneficial, but OP said for a brand new channel, which is what I personally did and I now know it's probably better to wait a bit.

Reactions: Khappa and YAOG

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ads are fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend it. Make sure your channel is ready first, lots of video, looks great, backend all setup properly. At 1 cent a click, you'll get on the top of the right side bar of top channels, in front of viewers eager for your content. But if your videos are not good or your channel is not ready, you'll likely waste your money.

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ads can be done at one cent a piece if you configure it correctly. If you target it properly and if your content is really good...
Ordinarily, these two sentences would be contradictory, as the more specifically you target your audience, the more money you have to spend to get your ads seen, but during this time where the boycott's effects are still being felt, it might be the cheapest time to advertise in years. I haven't advertised lately, so I wouldn't know for sure, but that would be my guess. I'll have to create a new ad later and see how it goes.
Maybe once you hit a certain YouTube groove it may be beneficial, but OP said for a brand new channel, which is what I personally did and I now know it's probably better to wait a bit.
The advantage to waiting would be to wait until you've really polished up your content to the point that you are confident people will like it, so it all depends on the content. But typically you'd be right, and that it is best to wait for that reason.