Worst YouTube rule ever.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I remember in the early days, you had to have 10k views per video, yes PER VIDEO, to monetise the video. So 10k total views is manageable! At least youtube is doing something to get the advertisers back! even though it might suck for some people!

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
What does it matter, 10 thousand views won,t even be 10$.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Lol if you can`t get 10k views and you are frustrated about this rule, then forget that you will ever make it even to your first paycheck from youtube! I have 120k views and it is around 50$! So in my rate 10k views is 4$. If you monetized low views videos, don`t expect that you will grow so fast! I made a rule and I don`t monetize videos that have less than 500 views. When they reach over 500 views only that time I turn monetization. And I have only 170 subscribers so 500 views per video is a big number for me!

hassan918

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But it makes complete sense, and it actually helps YouTubers overall, honestly.

People can no longer go onto YouTube, throw up a few stolen or incendiary videos and then start making bank on them - 10,000 is a completely achievable goal for views. They could have made it 50,000 or 100,000 - 10k is pretty easily achievable for anyone who's serious about working on their YouTube, and given how many chancers it's going to drop out of the community, I think it's better for everybody. I'm just surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Besides, if you don't yet have 10,000 views, Adsense wouldn't be giving you that much money anyway - there's nothing wrong with a little patience in this scenario.
I am also in favor of this rule but the one rule that I don't like is the youtube channel suspension because of community guidelines violation, as it didn't allow any chance for the youtuber to save its account, no warnings just a single email of channel suspension :)[DOUBLEPOST=1502100983,1502100755][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's a great rule. Particularly because YouTube now manually review a channel's content before approving monetization. Channels who blatantly upload copyrighted content are now having a lot more trouble monetizing it and that's a good thing for Youtubers who play by the rules and make original content.
Yup, it is a good rule. Admin I need your opinion on this , can you please help?

yttalk(dot)com/threads/help-required-to-stay-away-from-community-guidelines-issues.265150/

Frithgar

Reaction score
Given that the reasons for them doing this is to stop theft of copyrighted content, and to stop hate videos being profitable, I was genuinely surprised when it was announced that it was so low a number. I though it would have been 100,000 views, 10k is very easy to get and you'll not make money below that mark anyway.

Reactions: DictionaryWrites