Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Worms - An adultswim type comedy! Where to get good ideas?

Discussion in 'Scripts, Script Writing, Video Ideas & Planning' started by Worms Animations, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Worms Animations
    Cash:
    $4
    Writing and performing the my videos has been a challenge to come up with story ideas or simple skits. I guess the thread is asking how are ideas created by yourselves, how do you keep motivated? When do you know a creative idea is the one to produce be script film or animation etc.

#1 Worms Animations, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. satiricals
    Cash:
    $32
    Ah man I haven't took that creative writing class in so long; it's hard to remember the exercises we did. I'll try to explain to the best of my abilities though.

The first thing I suggest is looking up lateral thinking & seeing if you can find any exercises based on that search.

Embedded Google Search result (from dictionary dot com)
    Definition for Lateral Thinking
    "the solving of problems by an indirect and creative approach, typically through viewing the problem in a new and unusual light."

When I was a film student, I took a creative writing class. One of the things we'd do is we'd be given an idea and you have to keep writing for 5 minutes. No erasing, just keep writing no matter what even if the next sentence we could think of was utter trash. There was no time to think "no that sentence is stupid". The professor had his eyes swooping through the class room and if your pencil wasn't on the paper then he'd badger you.

There are plenty of free movie scripts online. I'm sure some of them have loglines (1 liner that summarizes the project). Use a random log line then write non stop for 5 minutes building upon that log line.