Words I recommend putting in your block list now

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I watched a video recently of a youtuber who got his address leaked in a livestream, and because of this he actually had to move house, in the video he suggested putting address in your "bad words" list and any other variations you can think of that include the word address so if anyone tries to leak where you live it won't come through to the comments, I suggest doing this now even if you're small, as you never know whats going to happen in the future, I also recommend adding other personal details like the word phone number or mobile number so that can't be leaked either

Also apparently posting the word *links* in your block list, will stop all links coming through too another good thing for if you get big, as there are accounts out there who will use fake links to try and scam your subscribers, I saw this one on twitter.

I struggled to explain what I mean so I hope this makes sense to people, but just wanted to mention it now, to keep yourself and your audience safe!

Have a good weekend guys

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow! I never thought of that! I never imagined stuff like that would happen!

Reactions: ItsBecky

Rozcoe

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian, Gamer
I watched a video recently of a youtuber who got his address leaked in a livestream, and because of this he actually had to move house, in the video he suggested putting address in your "bad words" list and any other variations you can think of that include the word address so if anyone tries to leak where you live it won't come through to the comments, I suggest doing this now even if you're small, as you never know whats going to happen in the future, I also recommend adding other personal details like the word phone number or mobile number so that can't be leaked either

Also apparently posting the word *links* in your block list, will stop all links coming through too another good thing for if you get big, as there are accounts out there who will use fake links to try and scam your subscribers, I saw this one on twitter.

I struggled to explain what I mean so I hope this makes sense to people, but just wanted to mention it now, to keep yourself and your audience safe!

Have a good weekend guys
Becky is here to help.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Those are actually really good. I don't try to censor my users since I'm not exactly super censored, but those are probably for the betterment of the channel and community.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
This makes a lot of sense, thanks. Will probably implement these.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
These are great tips! Thank you! =) I have a lot of bad words in my filter, but I'm going to add some of these, too. ^_^

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
posting the word *links* in your block list, will stop all links coming through too
+1

I recently discovered this and it does a great job of flagging people spamming their websites and affiliate links.