WMG copyright claim for my video with no music

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I disputed a false content ID claim by WMG because my video does not even have music in it. So I guess they can claim any video they want? Now the email I got from Youtube says WMG gets to decide if the claim is valid or not and if I am to blame some how then my whole channel can get deleted. What?!!

Hi Sublime Ninja,

The following claim on video How To Custom Paint Motorcycle Parts With Swirling Effects has been disputed:

• Video title: How To Custom Paint Motorcycle Parts With Swirling Effects
  • Copyrighted content: I Won't Wait
  • Claimed by: WMG

Reason for dispute: Video is uploader's original content
  • I have a good faith belief that the claim(s) described above have been made in error, and that I have the right(s) necessary to use the contents of my video for the reasons I have stated.
  • I am sure that I own all rights to the audio and visual content in this video, and I want to dispute this claim.
  • I understand that my video will be viewable by the claimant(s) so that they can review my dispute.
  • I understand that filing fraudulent disputes may result in termination of my YouTube account

You are receiving this email as confirmation that we have received your dispute. WMG has up to 30 days to review the information you provided and take action.

If WMG agrees with your dispute, they can release the claim at any time. If they disagree, they can choose to uphold it, and the claim will remain active on your video. Learn more about disputes

Sincerely,
The YouTube Team

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is funny that no music description (by Youtube I mean) exists below your video as usually when copyrighted one is used. Perhaps a glitch on the video like @14:30 some confusing noise, some passing car's radio, or background sounds confused the music checking system? Guess you have nothing to worry about? :)

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
To be honest, this is nothing new.
Youtube's copyright system has been hilariously broken since the initial implementation of it.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you checked the video for background noise? Possible music from a 3rd source near to you at time of filming?

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you checked the video for background noise? Possible music from a 3rd source near to you at time of filming?
I watched the video again and around the 4 minute mark it does sound like music is faintly playing from far away but I don't see how Youtube can tell what song it is when the sound is mixed with wind, cars, birds, my voice, and other sounds. How can the content ID system be that advanced? I guess we have to fly out into space to make videos so there won't accidentally be a sound that is copyrighted from somewhere.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just go in and let YouTube delete the music. Warning, if it is in the background, they tend to just delete everything else along with it.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually got a (false) claim on one of my videos because someone claimed the birds tweeting in my back garden...........

Lukas Kade

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just decided to delete it and reupload the same video except this time I made it 4 minutes long instead of 16 so hopefully WMG won't find whatever it did before.