Windows Movie Maker

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

I tried to buy a new laptop last week because my laptop is just extremely slow. :banghead: Apparently, all the laptops were Windows 10. No biggy there. I chose the laptop with the most ram and hard drive space. The cost was about $300. I waited about three hours for the associate to install all my files to the new laptop. Afterwards, he verified that all my files were on the new laptop. Suddenly, I notice my Movie Maker files icon weren't displaying on my video files. I asked the associate about it. He said the new Windows 10 doesn't come with Movie Maker. :banghead2: OMG! :eeks: He said I could probably download it. I ask him to do so for me. He discovers that Movie Maker is no longer downloadable. :furious: What a waste! :rage: Why would windows remove that software from the latest version? What video software are we supposed to use for windows then? I refuse to purchase editing software because I'm on a tight budget right now. I told him I'm sorry I wasted both our time but I don't want to buy that laptop. The sole purpose of me using my laptop is for that software. Long story short, I ended up going to best buy to buy some ram for about $40. However, It costs me a total of $80 :shifty2: because I had the associate install the ram for me. (I know. I could have easily done it myself but what's done is done :meh2:) The laptop is still slow :bored2: but it's bearable. I just wanted to make you guys aware just in case you aren't; Windows 10 does not come with Movie Maker. :(

Last edited:

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I bought a new laptop in January. I searched far and wide for a software that was similar to WMM but every other free or cheap editor was too buggy or crappy. I finally settled on the paid version of Wondershare Filmora.

Reactions: veronica33067

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel your pain. I bought a new laptop in January. I searched far and wide for a software that was similar to WMM but every other free or cheap editor was too buggy or crappy. I finally settled on the paid version of Wondershare Filmora.
I tried downloading that until I realized I would eventually have to play. :cautious2: Perhaps, if I ever have to buy a new laptop and finances are better, I'll look into it. :smile22: How much is Wondershare Filmora, by the way?

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
I tried downloading that until I realized I would eventually have to play. :cautious2: Perhaps, if I ever have to buy a new laptop and finances are better, I'll look into it. :smile22: How much is Wondershare Filmora, by the way?
40/year. You may want to give Shotcut a try first. It's free, but a little buggy.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
OMG. This is such a pain. I have movie maker in my laptop. Can I send the raw files of movie maker to you through email? Will it even work after u download the movie maker files (that I email you)?

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OMG. This is such a pain. I have movie maker in my laptop. Can I send the raw files of movie maker to you through email? Will it even work after u download the movie maker files (that I email you)?
The files may be too large to send through email unless you compress them or make them smaller. I have Movie Maker so the files will open. If I didn't have Movie Maker and you sent me your files I would not be able to open them. You said you have Movie Maker. You should be able to open your files...:bored2:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have Movie Maker on my recent windows 10 laptop. Its all I use and without it I would stop making videos.
I know Movie Maker has stopped upgrading/supporting it but as long as I can continue using the old version I am happy.[DOUBLEPOST=1507738820,1507738738][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it not still part of the Windows essentials download?[DOUBLEPOST=1507739181][/DOUBLEPOST]Further reading
--
Movie Maker was officially removed for download on January 10, 2017. Unlike other Windows Essentials apps, Movie Maker was not replaced or succeeded by anything else. Microsoft later announced that Movie Maker will be replaced with Story Remix, which will arrive in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Damn Movie maker was the first tool I ever learned to cut on :( Shame to see it was removed without any kind of a dignified send off...that being said I remember desperately trying (And succeeding in the end) to get Windows Movie maker on my windows 7 laptop when they swapped to "Live" xD it was a brilliant bit of kit really..especially considering it was free!

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have Movie Maker on my recent windows 10 laptop. Its all I use and without it I would stop making videos.
I know Movie Maker has stopped upgrading/supporting it but as long as I can continue using the old version I am happy.[DOUBLEPOST=1507738820,1507738738][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it not still part of the Windows essentials download?[DOUBLEPOST=1507739181][/DOUBLEPOST]Further reading
--
Movie Maker was officially removed for download on January 10, 2017. Unlike other Windows Essentials apps, Movie Maker was not replaced or succeeded by anything else. Microsoft later announced that Movie Maker will be replaced with Story Remix, which will arrive in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
I'm not sure whether or not it's a part of Windows Essential download. I didn't even know Windows didn't come with Movie Maker anymore until I saw my video files with blank icons on the new laptop I was about to purchase. The associate tried searching for the downloadable verison but could not. He said Windows was no longer offering Movie Maker for download. Apparently, they stopped building it into Windows a while ago.

I have a Windows 8 laptop. It has Movie Maker. My laptop was available for an upgrade. Prior to my visit to buying a new laptop, I had visited them before. I tried to get the associate to help me download Windows 8.1 because it just wasn't downloading for me. The associate couldn't find the downloadable verison. I was force to upgrade to Windows 10. Since I originally had Windows 8, that's probably why I still had access to Movie Maker. Thank God, because I would have been upset.[DOUBLEPOST=1507741725][/DOUBLEPOST]
Damn Movie maker was the first tool I ever learned to cut on :( Shame to see it was removed without any kind of a dignified send off...that being said I remember desperately trying (And succeeding in the end) to get Windows Movie maker on my windows 7 laptop when they swapped to "Live" xD it was a brilliant bit of kit really..especially considering it was free!
I feel like before Windows Movie Maker became Live Maker, it was easier. It also seemed to have better options. Live Maker makes it harder to do the simplest things :furious:but I manage to figure out a way. Since its free, I try my best to create the best possible video without it looking unprofessional or really bad. Until I can afford to purchase a better editing software, I've decided to make the best out of the one that's free to me. :sneaky2:

Reactions: TYTD