Windows Movie Maker Not Responding

Marc978

Loving YTtalk
Hey guys every time I go to edit a video on Windows Movie Maker I add a clip then it freezes and I get the "Program Not Responding" message. I have Windows XP and I can't figure out how to fix it. Right now I'm defraging my hard drive to see if that helps but I'm not sure if it will so any tips on how to fix this problem? The problem started about a week ago

Hey guys every time I go to edit a video on Windows Movie Maker I add a clip then it freezes and I get the "Program Not Responding" message. I have Windows XP and I can't figure out how to fix it. Right now I'm defraging my hard drive to see if that helps but I'm not sure if it will so any tips on how to fix this problem? The problem started about a week ago

Hay there. I used to use MM and sometimes use it when I am to lazy to open my other editing software.. But I have had problems as well. These problems include MM not recognizing a clip when it is exporting.
It says that the clip has got an error.
Then I exit and reboot, and reload about 4 times before it works...

Movie Maker is just rubbish TBH. And you would be better off without it..
I hear that they are upgrading to MM 8?...
Not sure how that will fare..
But see if you can get some different software

Thank God! Now it's time to move on to Windows Live Movie Maker. Go and download that. It's a lot nicer and free.

Thank God! Now it's time to move on to Windows Live Movie Maker. Go and download that. It's a lot nicer and free.

Movie Maker is all to rubbish.
1334254977-old-man-computer.jpg

Movie Maker is just rubbish TBH.

Yeah, sad to say this is true. Also it probably doesn't help that you're using Windows XP. I haven't heard much about W8 but Windows 7 is still really great.
I don't really have a solution for you because I went through the same problems before I finally gave up and got Sony Vegas.

Yeah, sad to say this is true. Also it probably doesn't help that you're using Windows XP. I haven't heard much about W8 but Windows 7 is still really great.
I don't really have a solution for you because I went through the same problems before I finally gave up and got Sony Vegas.

The best thing to do, is look into a new editing software, and try master that

Back