Will YouTube remove my video because my friend rages??

Chipface12

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey all!

Hope you're having a great day!

Just today I uploaded a video of Rainbow Six Siege to my channel where in which after one clip, my gets killed and he rages at the game because of hit registration etc.

Now the problem is, he watched the video and literally reported it to YouTube because he didn't like himself raging in the video. I got an email from YouTube saying it was reported due to a breach of privacy and I have 48 hours to take action to get rid of the claim or let it run and have YouTube review it.

Now, I looked through the privacy guidelines and it does not mention rage worthiness as a considerable reason for a breach of privacy or a legitimate reason to report the video. And look, his argument is that I didn't have his consent and so I should remove it etc. But, I use Nvidia Shadowplay and I've mentioned it to all of my friends I play with and I said "If I get a good clip of me playing, I will save it". So they all knew what that means so they should know that I will be uploading it.

The thing is as well, I don't want to mute out the specific gameplay section because the in game audio is on the same track as the discord chat when I'm editing the video. With ShadowPlay there is no way to change that, only with personal microphone and game desktop audio.

Now I don't think that this is enough reason to remove the video of file a complaint against the video, but he obviously does. What he doesn't understand is that he full well knew I'd be uploading good clips and I specifically had to remove things he said in the video multiple times because it promoted bad things and was not appropriate for any kind of content.

So I think that he is just overreacting to the situation because he doesn't like how he sounds and some may say well in the privacy statement, recognition of voice is a private thing, but unless you know him personally, (and not many people who I know personally watch my content), then you won't know who he is and it says gamertags or avatar names are not enough to come under the guidelines of privacy.

So i just wanted to know if I should dispute this claim because realistically it seems like he's just overreacting and many people in plenty of videos rage and they let it be, because it quite honestly can be entertaining. But yeah, should I edit the video so you can't hear him rage or let YouTube review it after 48 hours because it seems as if they would not do anything because it doesn't seem like a big breach of privacy.

Thanks,

Chipface

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Honestly, I think you should just let YouTube review it. I think the same deal when recording in public places applies when you record on a public game. Your friend is just being immature. If you get a strike from this, I'd recommend contacting TrustedFlagger on Twitter.

Reactions: tahlia

Chipface12

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, I think you should just let YouTube review it. I think the same deal when recording in public places applies when you record on a public game. Your friend is just being immature. If you get a strike from this, I'd recommend contacting TrustedFlagger on Twitter.
Okay thanks for the help :)

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I honestly think you should dispute it. He's being a baby ahaha fight it and you'll probably win, also get a new friend

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the copyright / video claims discussion forum. ^_^

Chipface12

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I honestly think you should dispute it. He's being a baby ahaha fight it and you'll probably win, also get a new friend
Definitely going to dispute it, he's overreacting about nothing, it's only a 5 second clip anyway. But thanks :D

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You should get a better friend who doesnt false flag videos