Will you be famous?

Outss

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I genuinely believe youtube channels can always be successful if the creator is always consistent/hardworking.

blacktigerpride

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It would be great to be famous, but thats not my goal. I just want to get the opportunity to collab with the top.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Famous is more or less a relative term. I don't think I'll be famous in the broader sense, but I do feel if I keep up what I'm doing, I'll be fairly well known in my genre/niche. Takes a lot of work, just gotta keep providing value!

Austerpower

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
well my channel was one of the largest German marching channels back in the day, until I destroyed it. so I am re branding. It clearly did not make anything near enough to live off of since the nature of the channel did not entail monetization (music mainly) and it was before patreon (2009-2012). that being said if I were to get to that level I'd expect an income of $100 a month? Not much but good side money. I sadly only made £40 from my last channel though but patreon has changed things so much. It's also a shame because I was diversifying my content and making more original content which was equally gaining the same views. So if I would have continued who knows?

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I (myself) have no aspirations for fame. If 100k+ ppl sub to my channel, hey, that's cool, just stay out of my personal life xD

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Luck. You can have amazing quality videos but still they might not get watched. It's a combination of hardwork, skill, and luck.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i'd like to be...but i have legitimate reasons:

1. I love making videos (creating + editing)
2. I enjoy the business side of things and the competition
3. I love interacting with the community we're building
4. It would be an awesome living/way to provide as a father/husband
5. We were recently featured IN JAPAN on their equivalent of "Yahoo" news...so basically, we've made it lolol

Purple Penguin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It was never about being famous to us, but I will admit it is an awesome feeling to know that you made someones day when they meet you or spot you in public.

We started youtube because we needed a way for me to be able to stay home with the kids and make a decent amount of money to support our family. We decided, as a family, that this was the best avenue to travel down.

It was a struggle for us at first. A lot of time, effort, and money invested, but eventually with a little luck and a lot of due diligence we can attest to the fact that making a decent living on youtube is possible. It is still like a riding a roller coaster with ups and downs, but that is just part of what you are taking on by choosing this avenue.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not doing this to be famous. I'm doing this because its so much fun to be creative and I hope to inspire some families who don't have any adventure in their lives to take that jump and just do it. If I get one family to get out of the house and go do some cool stuff then I've succeeded.

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY