Will you at one point stop doing YouTube?

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This thread is not to discourage people or anything. Just wanted to know how you guys will feel if one day you will have to stop doing YouTube permanently due to unfortunate circumstances. Something that prevent and stopping you from doing it. Maybe you see yourself that your channel don't even grow even after few years, busy with lives (especially with those who start their own family and basically no time to make videos) and so on.

For me personally, it depends. If my growth within let say 5 years doesn't have any improvement or whatsoever. I might stop doing YouTube. If I have a huge and steady subscribers, then I might keep doing it. As much as I like to treat it as a hobby, I find it tiring to edit a lot of videos (especially when I don't do vlog type of videos) and end up doesn't get much exposure.

How about you guys? Would love to hear it :)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, probably eventually.... I've lost quite a lot of hearing for someone my age, so if it all goes away, I'll have to find something else to do lol. :p At least photography skills can be developed through all this YouTube stuff, so there are other possibilities. ^^

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
This thread is not to discourage people or anything. Just wanted to know how you guys will feel if one day you will have to stop doing YouTube permanently due to unfortunate circumstances. Something that prevent and stopping you from doing it.
Not a very cheery thought to read first thing on a Saturday morning :eeks:
YouTube has become such a big part of my lifestyle that I would be pretty devastated if I had to stop due to unfortunate circumstances.
I'm sure I would find other things to fill the gap...depending on how "unfortunate" the circumstances were...I'm picturing myself in a hospital bed covered from head to foot in plaster and bandages!

If my growth within let say 5 years doesn't have any improvement or whatsoever. I might stop doing YouTube.
I think 5 years is a very reasonable time span to decide whether or not your channel has legs. I took a quick look at your channel, and the number of views per video is impressive considering how few videos you have produced so far!

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I will probably do less youtube, since content wise, my channel isn´t really going anywhere, since it´s a traveling channel, and I don´t really do much traveling, or at least as much as I want to. But I will see how long I will do youtube!

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
At least photography skills can be developed through all this YouTube stuff
Honestly don't. Through Youtube I mean. They will drive you crazy as most of them are brand or newtech oriented. :) Only for theory and softweare how-to subjects.

Speaking of photography....

and end up doesn't get much exposure
@Divine Authority. Read this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivian_Maier (as many artists she had a huge after death recognition)

Exposure means nothing. We live in a consumer society, even fame and success must be consumed right here and now? Not really...

What we leave behind is our real legacy. Maybe not good enough to be World's Heritage but for people around us.

Reactions: Divine Authority

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have no plans on quitting even though my expenses are more than my income at the moment.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If YouTube is your business, I think it's essential to diversify into other sources of revenue away from YouTube (blogging, websites etc) :)
This! I try to blog every once in a while on my website, and have started a merch shop, even though they don´t bring anything in, but it´s cool to have something to complement your youtube. If you´re in it for the money though!

Reactions: Crown

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If YouTube is your business, I think it's essential to diversify into other sources of revenue away from YouTube (blogging, websites etc) :)
Yeah most likely I will find another sources of revenue especially making own websites. Can't rely just on one things, need to expand more haha

Reactions: Crown