Will You Actually Make It?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sure can, but I don't find it useful to focus on items that I have no control over. Luck will play a role in almost every facet of life. Your job is to put yourself in all the situations that will improve your chance of exposure. People that talk down others by saying "they're just lucky" don't even know how to re-tweet or post on a Facebook group.
Luck does play a part, but there is only so much you can do before it's mostly up to luck. Even the people I talked to all the said the same thing, that I just have to wait and be lucky, not much else I can do now after trying hard to gain even a tiny bit of exposure after 4 years.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Luck does play a part, but there is only so much you can do before it's mostly up to luck. Even the people I talked to all the said the same thing, that I just have to wait and be lucky, not much else I can do now after trying hard to gain even a tiny bit of exposure after 4 years.
Well, I hope you don't mind me indulging a bit in your channel for some critique.

If you've done everything, then you would know that minecraft videos are a dime a dozen. You're making videos that are barely any different than all other channels making mincecraft videos. Do you really think it's a luck thing in this matter? Or does it have more to do with the fact that you're engaging in content that so many have done before you and, quite frankly, done it better? Nothing personal, but I think you have to be real with yourself and your content here. If you're unwilling to develop content that is well better than ones that came before you, of course you won't see success. So, on content alone, you're already behind those supposedly relying on "luck."

Now, let's take a look at one of your more successful videos: "Top 15 Reasons Why the WII U is Not Bad." First, this the perfect type of content you want to address if you're a gamer. Top lists and anything sharing opinions on a hot topic are big players in YouTube. Unfortunately, your content wasn't up to par in terms of quality. There's a lot of room for improvement there. Again, we're looking at a content issue, not "luck."

Another video where you seem to go in the right direction is your "MINECRAFT ANIMATION" video. Even though it's in a diluted genre, the fact that you're doing something more creative than just gameplay is very attractive. To me, it seems that the quality still needs work, but better than your other videos. THIS is the type of content you want to pursue. If you know that this video was one of your big hits, then why not only create more, but improve on it? Why not create more "360" videos, another popular one of yours, and work on the quality?

So in my eyes, your issue certainly isn't just luck. It's focusing on content that will be successful and then improving on it. You sound young, so you have a lot of time to improve and grow. Honestly, if you're willing to put the effort in, you can make some extremely popular "360" video game videos.

ADketo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The definition of "making it" is different for everyone. My pie-in-the-sky goal is to get to the point where I can do YouTube full-time. My short term goal is to be able to earn some supplemental income.

Spuntillian

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my personal opinion, i would say that if you want to "make it big on youtube", you should also think about having fun making videos while trying to achieve that dream, dont just make videos just to get money, because that way, you would eventually get bored of making youtube, because you realize thats not what you want to do. If you really want to make it big on Youtube like REALLY make it big, you should of course take it seriously, but DONT do it if you're not enjoying it. So i think, if you want to "make it big on youtube", you should try your best, try your hardest, get that creativity flowing but the most important thing... HAVE FUN! :up2:

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe one day I eventually will <3

Lyf Hax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would like to try to make it big on my channel. I had had it for about 4 months and took a long break in between, but now that I have more ideas and inspiration I think I can work hard and potential reach my goal of "making it big"

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm.. I have a book specifically fr my life goals/ personal goals and youtube goals. And I create goals for myself that steadily increase. I'm taking YouTube day by day being where in the end making it to me will consist of a great fan base and supports who truly love and watch my videos. And me! I will be so greatful even if I make it to 100k subs

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone has a chance to make it big, but it does take a lot of absorbing of knowledge that came before you. A lot of people that strive to become big never actually do their homework. There's a reason why a lot of people here never seen success in their channel and eventually quit. It's not because their niche isn't popular nor is it because YouTube isn't advertiser friendly to them. Many simply refuse to grow and expand their knowledge. Sorry, the days of just sitting in front of a microphone or playing some videogame isn't enough to make you the next DeFranco or PewDiePie. Learn the successful methods others have used and do even better than they did.

To answer the OP, yes, I do see myself being successful and one of the major players in the YouTube Fitness platform.
hey! sitting in front of a mic playing videogames is now my full time job :p

Reactions: PictureFIT