Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Will You Actually Make It?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by TripleThreat, Sep 26, 2017.

1. VRONA
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $42
    Luck does play a part, but there is only so much you can do before it's mostly up to luck. Even the people I talked to all the said the same thing, that I just have to wait and be lucky, not much else I can do now after trying hard to gain even a tiny bit of exposure after 4 years.

2. PictureFIT
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $215
    Well, I hope you don't mind me indulging a bit in your channel for some critique.

If you've done everything, then you would know that minecraft videos are a dime a dozen. You're making videos that are barely any different than all other channels making mincecraft videos. Do you really think it's a luck thing in this matter? Or does it have more to do with the fact that you're engaging in content that so many have done before you and, quite frankly, done it better? Nothing personal, but I think you have to be real with yourself and your content here. If you're unwilling to develop content that is well better than ones that came before you, of course you won't see success. So, on content alone, you're already behind those supposedly relying on "luck."

Now, let's take a look at one of your more successful videos: "Top 15 Reasons Why the WII U is Not Bad." First, this the perfect type of content you want to address if you're a gamer. Top lists and anything sharing opinions on a hot topic are big players in YouTube. Unfortunately, your content wasn't up to par in terms of quality. There's a lot of room for improvement there. Again, we're looking at a content issue, not "luck."

Another video where you seem to go in the right direction is your "MINECRAFT ANIMATION" video. Even though it's in a diluted genre, the fact that you're doing something more creative than just gameplay is very attractive. To me, it seems that the quality still needs work, but better than your other videos. THIS is the type of content you want to pursue. If you know that this video was one of your big hits, then why not only create more, but improve on it? Why not create more "360" videos, another popular one of yours, and work on the quality?

So in my eyes, your issue certainly isn't just luck. It's focusing on content that will be successful and then improving on it. You sound young, so you have a lot of time to improve and grow. Honestly, if you're willing to put the effort in, you can make some extremely popular "360" video game videos.

3. ADketo
    Cash:
    $5
    The definition of "making it" is different for everyone. My pie-in-the-sky goal is to get to the point where I can do YouTube full-time. My short term goal is to be able to earn some supplemental income.

4. Idec Sdawkminn
    Horror Versions
    Cash:
    $145
    As soon as some big company like Viacom or UMG takes me to court over me using their content and my channel gets in the news, I'll be golden.

5. Spuntillian
    Cash:
    $14
    In my personal opinion, i would say that if you want to "make it big on youtube", you should also think about having fun making videos while trying to achieve that dream, dont just make videos just to get money, because that way, you would eventually get bored of making youtube, because you realize thats not what you want to do. If you really want to make it big on Youtube like REALLY make it big, you should of course take it seriously, but DONT do it if you're not enjoying it. So i think, if you want to "make it big on youtube", you should try your best, try your hardest, get that creativity flowing but the most important thing... HAVE FUN! :up2:

6. Malasia
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $18
    I believe one day I eventually will <3

7. Lyf Hax
    Cash:
    $4
    I would like to try to make it big on my channel. I had had it for about 4 months and took a long break in between, but now that I have more ideas and inspiration I think I can work hard and potential reach my goal of "making it big"

8. Messages:
    Cash:
    $14
    Hmmm.. I have a book specifically fr my life goals/ personal goals and youtube goals. And I create goals for myself that steadily increase. I'm taking YouTube day by day being where in the end making it to me will consist of a great fan base and supports who truly love and watch my videos. And me! I will be so greatful even if I make it to 100k subs

9. Loki Doki
    Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
    Cash:
    $36
    hey! sitting in front of a mic playing videogames is now my full time job :p

PictureFIT likes this.
  10. PictureFIT
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $215
    Yes, and I remember you writing extensive posts on SEO. That's the difference between you and everyone else ;)

Loki Doki likes this.