Will You Actually Make It?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've invested so much time already that I always have to believe I can make it. To be fair self-belief is easier when you have some results you can look at, but I just remember that people can always keep improving. I really had no skills conducive to YouTube except creativity when I started but I've worked hard to learn and improve in the areas that held me back the most and I really do think that I can make it if I keep pushing and create the right content.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think everyone starts out with a dream like that. But reality sets in rather quickly. If you don't make it early on it is highly unlikely you will get big later on with the same content. I myself have been at it, in my current format, for 3 years now. Inching closer to 5K subscribers, and have over 1.1M total channel views. Unfortunately this is no real success in the eyes of most. Most see success of a channel at 100K subscribers and 100M views. Even YouTube does not recognize anything below 100K subscribers. No bronze plaque at 10K. Nope, you need to hit 100K or bust.

To answer your question: No, I don't see myself growing big. And that is because I am a realist. I also treat it as a hobby now, no longer pushing to create content every week. One or two videos a month and that's it for me. Never been happier. Although, it would have been awesome to hang that silver play button in my man cave. A sense of accomplishment.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have every faith that I'll one day be able to do this for a living, or at least use as platform to launch me into bigger things. Who knows. My growth is good, and I never thought I'd have almost 2k subs after just over 1 year. My daily subscriber count is double what it was 6 months ago so there's hope. This is a long term thing though and I doubt it will happen over night. Believe in yourself and work hard and you'll reap the rewards ☺
We're right there with you...at the end of next month we'll be at our 1 yr YouTube birthday and we're creeping up on 2K. YouTube for us is the long-game investment...a side project/passion that will snowball on itself and hopefully take off into full time within a few years.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We're right there with you...at the end of next month we'll be at our 1 yr YouTube birthday and we're creeping up on 2K. YouTube for us is the long-game investment...a side project/passion that will snowball on itself and hopefully take off into full time within a few years.
Within a few years.. :/
I wish.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Everyone has a chance to make it big, but it does take a lot of absorbing of knowledge that came before you. A lot of people that strive to become big never actually do their homework. There's a reason why a lot of people here never seen success in their channel and eventually quit. It's not because their niche isn't popular nor is it because YouTube isn't advertiser friendly to them. Many simply refuse to grow and expand their knowledge. Sorry, the days of just sitting in front of a microphone or playing some videogame isn't enough to make you the next DeFranco or PewDiePie. Learn the successful methods others have used and do even better than they did.

To answer the OP, yes, I do see myself being successful and one of the major players in the YouTube Fitness platform.

Reactions: zhkopec

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Everyone has a chance to make it big, but it does take a lot of absorbing of knowledge that came before you. A lot of people that strive to become big never actually do their homework. There's a reason why a lot of people here never seen success in their channel and eventually quit. It's not because their niche isn't popular nor is it because YouTube isn't advertiser friendly to them. Many simply refuse to grow and expand their knowledge. Sorry, the days of just sitting in front of a microphone or playing some videogame isn't enough to make you the next DeFranco or PewDiePie. Learn the successful methods others have used and do even better than they did.

To answer the OP, yes, I do see myself being successful and one of the major players in the YouTube Fitness platform.
It can be up to luck as well. I mean, I had 5 people, all from different places already tell me that a core reason my channel is not growing is just because of luck. You can have the best content ever but in the end it's up to YouTube if it will display your content near the top or not.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It can be up to luck as well. I mean, I had 5 people, all from different places already tell me that a core reason my channel is not growing is just because of luck. You can have the best content ever but in the end it's up to YouTube if it will display your content near the top or not.
Sure can, but I don't find it useful to focus on items that I have no control over. Luck will play a role in almost every facet of life. Your job is to put yourself in all the situations that will improve your chance of exposure. People that talk down others by saying "they're just lucky" don't even know how to re-tweet or post on a Facebook group.