Will this effect my views ??

Bordertown

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi All

I have a music video I have up on youtube set to unlisted at the moment as our single isn't ready for release. I have put it up for other band members to view ant to show bloggers who may be interested in supporting us.

My question is that when i switch it to public will youtube distribute it just as if it was uploaded straight away . I have around 20 personal views on it at the moment but when it goes public obviously hoping for many more.

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I remember correctly, if you switch a video from unlisted-to public it's not going to show up in the sub boxes correctly sadly.

I may be wrong, but as of a few months ago this is how it worked.

Reactions: Bordertown

maarcnig

itsLIT!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering the same thing, but I did some research and it said that only the time it is uploaded is when it notifies people IF it's listed public. I don't think it'll notify people once you publicize it from being unlisted.

Reactions: Bordertown

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
As far as I know, the first time you make it public is when it's considered as a proper release. So, if it has never been public before then it'll go out to sub boxes. If it has been public then made unlisted, then made public again, it won't.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
As long that it was never set to public at all even if you have it on unlisted, it should seem like a brand new video when you make it public.

I had a video that was unlisted for quite some time (some views on it too coz I left the link to it somewhere) and I finally made it public. It was definitely shown in the subscription tab (when I check from my dummy account that I use to check uploads) and it would start with 0 minutes as well on your page rather than the time it was unlisted.

Then from the analytics, there were people who got there from app notification and subscription page after it was public, so I believe it would still be distributed like usual.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If I remember correctly, if you switch a video from unlisted-to public it's not going to show up in the sub boxes correctly sadly.

I may be wrong, but as of a few months ago this is how it worked.
But I put up a video that was private for an hour or so then got 100 some views the instant it was public.

AbyssDroidZ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I Make My video private first before I set it to public so that I could put cards and transcribe my video and set thumbnails before people could see it and it worked I have better views now than before. I prefer setting it to public instead of unlisted.

toqchista99

Reaction score
i know everything for it, just i dont have means redirect adequate traffic for it , who has means of redirect traffic , i will learn this method good;

traffic must to be source of channel that is video's