Will my channel grow?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The qn you need to ask yourself is - do Youtube viewers go to Instagram to find Youtube videos to watch?
Growing a real, engaged audience on Instagram has the same issues as growing a real, engaged audience on Youtube.
Expect Instagram viewers to convert to Yt subs at about the 0.1-1% range.
Unless, of course, you're already famous with a large following somewhere.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. :)

I'd only get an Instagram if you like taking pictures, especially with your phone. ^^ I like taking pictures with my fancy cameras, but I've noticed that I never have time to transfer the pictures to my phone, and that I don't particularly like taking pictures with my phone because the quality isn't the same... =/ This kind of makes Instagram hard to upkeep, but it's probably just my own problem lol.

As for using it to grow a YouTube channel, I'd say Instagram is a separate social media thing that isn't connected to YouTube very well. I think it's easier to upkeep an Instagram account than a YouTube channel, so you can potentially get more mileage from it with less work...but it's just as difficult to "grow," if that's your goal. I haven't seen much transferred between the two platforms, but I'm still pretty new to Instagram. ^^

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Instagram is not the solution, Instead work on your video optimization so your videos rank better and start getting you views and the subs you are looking for. Take for example your viewers will hardly search for "2017 DISNEY PIXAR PLAY PARADE" they might easily search for "disney pixar play parade 2017" which is a phrase you could easily rank for if you optimize that video on.

The tags were no where close to helping that video. I would have gone with (disney california adventure pixar play parade,disney pixar play parade soundtrack,disney california adventure pixar play parade 2017)

Start optimizing your videos with the right searchable phrases that has a low competition but high views.
Hope that helps

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
If you have a active instagram account where you post pictures regularly, follow other people and be active on it with comments, likes and so on, then yeah, it could help, but it´s not necessary. Its better to focus on your titles, tags and so on, cause those are going to give you most of the views.

Brito21

I've Got It
Reaction score
i feel like if you already have a following on instagram you will grow but if not its going to take time and hard work just like youtube

BrownyGamingTime

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you use it effectively it can really help to increase your online presence. I'd recommend being active on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ before trying to open up an Instagram as well.

Jetpi99 Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could use instagram for some "behind the scenes" footage, for example. Like some really short vids showing different aspects of your production process, or showing stuff you cut out from the videos.