Will I Get Strike?

Teknickel 10

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
I play a lot of Mario Maker and once I upload the songs get flagged as copyrighted by Nintendo.

However it says that Nintendo will allow it but their ads will be placed on my video.

That's fine by me, but does that mean I won't be able to monetize that video or make earning from my own ads?

I know a lot of gamers on YouTube that use Nintendo material and I can't imagine they would keep pouring out that content if they weren't able to collect from it.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand that you have now posted a video using this soundtrack and have not yet encountered any problems. Despite this, I would not do this again if I was you. This is because Youtube may pick up on some sounds but not others based on other sounds that are played over the top. This makes using copyrighted music very risky as it can lead to strikes which would significantly harm the health of your channel. Although they may not be exactly what you are looking for, many non-copyrighted songs are out on the internet to use. There are many sites that provide these - it just might take you a bit of time for you to go through them to find one that you like and want to use.

Minikinart

Reaction score
Can't you just credit the artist in the description or what ever and everything is cool? i usually use NCS music i just put the tittle who provided it and a bunch of links to the social media of the artist in the music and everything is cool. But it might be different here because drake is a big artist.
I believe it's different for NCS, even in their descriptions it says you can use the music if you credit the creators. But for the copyrighted songs it's again different and in those cases I believe is when you can get strikes or have the sound muted from your videos and possibly not being able to monetize them and profit from them.