Will I get copyright strikes?

T0XiiCKiTTEN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If I play a game that has a lot of music in it (Brutal Legend) will I get copyright strikes for the music?
I've wanted to play this game on my channel for a while, but I'm kinda scared to.

JollyDangerous

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
If I play a game that has a lot of music in it (Brutal Legend) will I get copyright strikes for the music?
I've wanted to play this game on my channel for a while, but I'm kinda scared to.
You may not get strikes its more likely you will get content ID matching. Sometimes you can get the video blocked but its rare. None of it goes against your channel though.

T0XiiCKiTTEN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You may not get strikes its more likely you will get content ID matching. Sometimes you can get the video blocked but its rare. None of it goes against your channel though.
I was just curious because I've had content ID matches, but when I'd apply to be part of a network it would tell me that I have copyright strikes. When I deleted all of my Content Matched videos (Which made me lose about 4000 views.) The copyright strikes reason stopped showing up as a reason for being declined into the network.

JollyDangerous

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I was just curious because I've had content ID matches, but when I'd apply to be part of a network it would tell me that I have copyright strikes. When I deleted all of my Content Matched videos (Which made me lose about 4000 views.) The copyright strikes reason stopped showing up as a reason for being declined into the network.
That's because of the settings of that network. When you get a copyright strike you cant just delete the video to get rid of it. You have to either make a appeal and win, the copy right holder deletes the strike or just wait for it to expire.[DOUBLEPOST=1409971350,1409971149][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's because of the settings of that network. When you get a copyright strike you cant just delete the video to get rid of it. You have to either make a appeal and win, the copy right holder deletes the strike or just wait for it to expire.
Don't get into a network just stay with youtube for now. A network if just going to take your money. Its not worth it yet. Also I have about 15 videos that have Id matches because of game music. if its just a ID match its fine its just someone saying hey that's my music I just want to put ads on your vid. You can dispute some of them if you know they are not the holder. I won a few of mine.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Doing Brutal Legend with the music on is a bad idea. Same with Saints Row, Watch Dogs, GTA, etc.