Will delete past videos affect future videos views

hasanpasir88

Hello guys this is my first time posting.

Need some feedback or experience from you guys. My channel right now has 460+ videos.
88% of my views comes from browse features which is homepage.

My question is if i delete my past videos which are already dead and not getting views, will my future video views be effected by it?
The way i see it this dead videos are liabilities since now youtube bots are so active demonetizing channels and im afraid i got mistakenly
demonetize.

I had around 200 videos and deleted around 150 of the dead vids.
I also rebranded and started to upload regularly again and its doing very well.

I have also deleted a lot of my old videos. I kind of rebranded too and my channel is going fine. I know some folks would say that you should just keep the videos cause you never know if the will hit it big some day but if you want to kind of clean up your channel I would say delete them

if there is anything about the video's that are questionable as far as community guidelines probably best to delete them.

I don't think that deleting nor keeping old dead video's will help nor hurt future uploads. if there is nothing wrong with the video's other than they just are not getting views I would leave them.

You never deleting a video but you can make it private. One of my first videos because i was recording with my phone, had a really bad image quality. Youtube says if you increase CTR + watching time it will increase the suggestions to your videos. So I decide to make it private because the audience retention on this video was bad and affect the total watching time of my channel. From that moment my channel goes much much better! Still you will have some views but doesn't affect your channel's stats. Hope this helps :)

Back