Will companies not want to hire me because I swear a lot in my videos?

Sammi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started my channel about a year ago and I never really thought that it would negatively affect my career prospects but I'm a little paranoid now and I'm worried that after one google search of my name interviewers will be running for the hills.

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have to admit this has worried me slightly too, I don't swear a lot in my videos per se, but I may have videos they would see as inappropriate, I do like to mention my youtube channel in my cv and things though as I do a creative media course at uni, and its the kind of job I want to go into and youtube I like to think is good experience for that! especially with editing and graphic design (making intros etc)

Reactions: Sammi

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't have my real name anywhere on any of my accounts yet, though if they know what I lok like they'll be able to put two and two together. On the flip side, I'm not sure I actually care what interviewers think at this point in my life, as they don't seem to like me without the swearing anyway.

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Views are all they care about. (if not many people saw it, you could just take it down.)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is your personal life, what you do and say in your free time is none of their business. They have no right to hold it against you.