Will changing tags, titles, and thumbnails hurt my top videos?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Nice that we can all learn at your expense, but I have a feeling that you are going to lose views. The YouTube gurus all say that it is inadvisable to change metadata on a video that is doing well and that has already been processed and categorised by the algorithm. Derral Eves owns several channels and manages many more, he has performed lots of experiments on his own channels...interesting to listen to his comments.

Sootiro

Reaction score
It makes sense that changing tags , titles and what not .But what happens if you just change the thumbnail only ? i did this to one of my popular vids and hoping i'm not going to regret it

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I was going through all my videos (that are doing bad) to change tags, and category of the video (because I want Tech category, not People). I ended up by youtube deleting one of my videos. Because I didn`t put any irrelevant tags to that video I send them a message complaining about deleting that video and after few days they returned it back. But be careful that you can trigger also that by changing tags.