Will an introvert like me ever become a successful YouTuber?

Haikality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
[Pardon my mediocre English]

Please help :help:

I've been feeling that I'm an introvert by the fact that I have difficulty speaking and anxiety. I've taken an MBTI test as well, and I got INFJ.

So, I've always wanted to be a YouTuber where spontaneity is a requirement. I've seen large YouTubers taking the MBTI test and all of them got E--- something. Take a look at the most popular Youtubers like Pewdiepie, Jacksepticeye, Kwebbelkop, etc. It's very clear that the key to become influential is "to become energetic, loud, and extroverted". Even worse, I've never seen an introverted YouTuber and that makes me question myself if the journey to becoming a successful YouTuber would be worth all my time and effort. Should I quit? Will I even get far? I don't know, I'm scared

I've been making graphic design tutorial videos with scripts as an aid to my "personality flaw". But still, it takes too much time only to realize just ONE video, and that makes me lose my consistency. Even worse, I didn't sound fluid and sometimes I hate listening to my own voice and would rather watch my own video with audio off. Could my "personality" be the reason why my channel not growing?

They said collabs can grow your channel fast. But,
Collab = interacting with another person
interacting with another person = disaster
nope.avi

I'm not fame-thirsty or anything. But you know the feeling when you've edited a video for hours only to be rewarded with 10 views in 7 days? :furious:

I feel like my introversion has been a burden to me and possibly other people can relate

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm just seeking for attention here. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy making contents, if I don't then I wouldn't have started at all. But if the answer to my question above is "No", then I'll just stop caring and move on to another hobby.

Thanks in advance :thanksthumbs:

WannaBeDerp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Being yourself is always the right way to go. Pretending to be LOUD, CRAZY and WILD won't make your content any better

Reactions: Haikality

Haikality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I don't know about successful, but most of those LOUD, WILD AND CRAZY extroverts are actually shut in introverts off camera. So just be you and do you, you'll do fine if it's from the heart.
Being yourself is always the right way to go. Pretending to be LOUD, CRAZY and WILD won't make your content any better

Yo thanks for the responses! Yea, I do agree about that "be yourself" stuff
I do believe there would be some people who'd enjoy my terrible personality :xd:

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
Amy Schmittauer is an introvert and has had a lot of success on and off of YouTube.

Haikality

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We are our own worst critic. Your personality might not seem so 'terrible' to your up and coming fanbase.
Yup, guess I went to harsh on myself
I might need some time to take a break from YouTube, gather some ideas, refresh my mind, and (hopefully) come back with fresh and pleasing contents

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Actually, I think Youtube is the best platform ever for introverts. You can record in the comfort of your own home, all interactions are via typed texts and you can set your own boundries. Just DONT compare yourself with people like Markiplier and Pewdiepie! They are different people, with different personalities and different stories. Just don't force yourself to be something you're not comfortable. Some people don't like the LOUD Youtubers. I once opened a let's play from jacksepticeye and clicked it away within 20 seconds, because he was just extremely loud and annoying. Use your introversion to your advantage by being a relatable, pleasant person to listen to.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You just need practice, I'm an INFP and I've always thought I had like the worst personality for doing YouTube. I was really really uptight in my videos when I first started. If you watch the first video I ever made on COD heroes I sound crazy different between that video and my latest ones. I was so nervous I had every single word scripted and you can hear me turning the pages of the script in the video. I mean I still script sometimes but the moral of the story is that practice helped me a lot. 250 videos recorded later across my several channels I can just say my intro and start rambling, and do the outro line without even thinking about it.

I would practice your pacing when you speak even, it doesn't matter if you feel like you mess it up you can always edit stuff out, or talk into a mic without even making a video. For me moving to longer lets play style videos I looked at how sports broadcasters and radio talk hosts pace their speaking, making sure each word sounds clear and how they find things on the fly to talk about. A lot of videos that sound really fluid actually had a lot of editing done with different clips with mess ups edited out.

I've had a few people tell me I should make more jokes, but in the last 50 videos or so I feel like I've developed this swag I didn't have before. If you put in a lot of hours, just like most things you'll start to get a lot more comfortable doing it. In the past year alone I think my videos have progressed to me being a lot more of a personality rather than a nervous scripted machine. I don't know why my 3rd year on YouTube was different but I had some times where I did daily uploads a lot and when you do that it starts to feel like routine rather than being nervous.

Edit: For your tutorials it's good to stick with scripts I think you'll be fine as an introvert because at the end of the day people watch tutorials for good information, not for your personality.

Last edited:

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I think you'll be fine! Honestly a lot of these crazy loud Youtubers like Pewdipie and Markiplier, they're really shy in person and are very introverted. I am SUPER shy, introverted, and social awkward lol yay. But something about being in the comfort of my own home and doing these I enjoy without other people watching me is nice. You can be yourself with just you and the camera. Not going to lie, it's still a struggle to talk and make cohesive sentences but practice more and more and you'll be okay :D good luck friend!