Widescreen or Vertical?

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I 1000x agree. :banghead: I don't get why this became a thing. The only time it should ever be vertical is if it's a snapchat compilation or something, because the silly app only goes one way.

resvrgm

Crazy Internet Stalker Chick
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I 1000x agree. :banghead: I don't get why this became a thing. The only time it should ever be vertical is if it's a snapchat compilation or something, because the silly app only goes one way.
Yes I simply agree! The trend seems to became more popular to take videos vertically, because of snapchat. I find it really annoying. :furious:

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know. Vertical seems to be a decent option for those who want to watch a video in the same way that they hold their phone. I don't agree with it though. I prefer to record in widescreen. I just like it better than vertical recording.

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It drives me nuts! I always film landscape. I got a friend to film a few shots for a few of our videos making fire and golf, and he held it vertical and I was so angry. I was editing the golf video and there was a crucial putt that I made to force a playoff with my bro, and my friend recorded it from off the green and vertically. I wanted to zoom in, but since he also uselessly filmed it in slomo it was only 720 , so when I tried to zoom in it was pixelated beyond recognition. If you want something done right, explain it right, or do it your self. I with there was an option on phones to always film in landscape even when holding it vertical. I'd NEVER shoot that way.

Reactions: Mirandapanda

CavemanApocalypse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh no! Recording vertical is so bad to me! I hate it so much.
Definitely recording widescreen is the way to go

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a very good tip and a tip that is somewhat overlooked by a lot of people. I for one was one of those people until I began to gain an understanding into resolutions and how it all works when rendering. However I never did think of it from the biological point of view; that our eyes are more attuned to horizontal than vertical viewing.
Made me think :)

Jeeves

The best way to predict the future is to CREATE it
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is so true. It's 2016 and people are still doing this, like cmon! xD But seriously, nice post haha

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Definitely widescreen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never shoot vertical videos, always go widescreen, there are a number of ways you can stabilize shaky footage. :)